Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The eDrum Workshop - This week - Creating Natural and Playable Electronic Drum Sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The eDrum Workshop - This week - Creating Natural and Playable Electronic Drum Sounds

I've started up a new YouTube channel called The eDrum Workshop to help people get the best out of their electronic and hybrid drums. I had another video lined up to open with but decided this video might be more immediately useful to people. It goes into how you can use layered sounds to create more playable and dynamic electronic sounds for your kit.

I use a TD-50 to demonstrate but, as I'm sure many of the well-versed members here will know, many of the ideas can be translated over to other modules that allow some kind of sample import (TD-17, Alesis Strike, Pearl Mimic Pro, 2box) or other ways of layering (Roland Octapad, or using an SPD-SX, TM-2, DTX Multi12 etc blended with your module).

I have some other sound design videos in the works and some other thought-piece ones about the way eDrum sounds feel when you play them and whether it's worth taking eDrums on stage with you. Hope it can be of use to people, any feedback is welcome! Cheers!

Hi Luke. Nice initiative!
    ​​​​​​Good luck with your workshops.
    ​​​​​​Deve.

Comment

Originally posted by deve loper View Post
      Hi Luke. Nice initiative!
      ​​​​​​Good luck with your workshops.
      ​​​​​​Deve.
      Thanks Deve, much appreciated.

Comment

Nice work man. I appreciate anyone who spends time educating the masses on how to get more realism out of eDrums. It helps to change the opinion that they’re simply toys for wanna-be real drummers...

Keep the content coming.
        Roland TD-30 & TM-6 Modules | Superior Drummer 3 on PC | Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive Maple A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | ATV aD Cymbals | ACD Unlimited Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | RME HDSPe AIO | Mackie ProFX10v3 | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & Westone UM Pro 50 IEMs

Comment

Originally posted by rdubu View Post
          Nice work man. I appreciate anyone who spends time educating the masses on how to get more realism out of eDrums. It helps to change the opinion that they’re simply toys for wanna-be real drummers...

Keep the content coming.
          Thanks mate. I feel the same way about the opinions of many others towards eDrums - most of the videos I see that go into any depth are marketing videos from the manufacturers themselves and don't demonstrate a great deal. A lot of the other people who know how these things work are probably spending much more time just playing rather than sharing (which is fair enough, I don't blame them)!

Comment

New video is out now! This week The eDrum Workshop is discussing a phenomena that's unique to electronic drums - what I like to cal thel "play feel". I think we've all experienced some kind of detachment from the sound and response when playing certain modules, so here I go into the relationship between the sounds themselves, the trigger response and that intangible "feeling" of your drum module's playability.

P.S. Sorry in advance for the dodgy lighting as the video goes on and the extreme close up, it was my first go

Comment

Working...
            X