Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Pearl R&D really think this sounds good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Pearl R&D really think this sounds good?

This was in my Youtube recommendation list today. What do you think?

ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

I'm hoping that it's just this one kit that sounds...ummm... this way. The toms sound like he hitting newspaper and the snare sounds REALLY unrealistic IMHO.

Comment

Nasty
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

So far I've seen absolutely nothing compelling about the eMerge. This video just solidifies that impression.
        Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

I don’t see this kit lasting long on the market.
          Alan
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yet another topic with puzzled drummers trying to make sense of this product... Put them all under the same roof and you get a heck of a reason to pull this one back to the drawing board. Or at least make some decent demonstrations
            •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
            •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
            •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
              Nasty
              mkok not yet.
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HxvIVfFnDUw
              Last edited by Chris K; 10-09-19, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
                Reminds me of when I used to use an Alesis D4 with homemade pads in the early 90s. Saying that I have some really good recordings from back then but avoided any fills that would cause machine gunning.
                Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post

Reminds me of when I used to use an Alesis D4 with homemade pads in the early 90s. Saying that I have some really good recordings from back then but avoided any fills that would cause machine gunning.
                  Lol... I was thinking a similar thing. But I’m going back a little further to the late 80s when I had my Roland PD-31 pads midi through a Yamaha RX-7 drum machine.
                  Last edited by Chance27; 10-09-19, 04:42 AM.
                  ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

"Good" is relative and subjective. If you don't expect it to sound just like a real acoustic kit, it sounds good in its own right, I suppose. Not for me though.
                    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

These sound can be easily came from current 1200$ kit which are far more flexible\ open. But I am afraid when there is machine gunning in 2019 start to be odd at higher price.
                      Last edited by Chris K; 10-09-19, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I think really Pearl missed a solid opportunity to create a kit that could stand toe to toe with ATV and Roland... Instead of building off of the success and reputation of the Mimic PRO, they released a cobbled up mess and relied on old Korg tech to make it stand out. Shame... Shame... Shame...
                        Roland TD-30 & TM-6 Modules | Superior Drummer 3 on PC | Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive Maple A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | ATV aD Cymbals | Axis Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | Focusrite Clarett 4Pre | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & MEE MX4 PRO IEMs

Comment

Working...
                        X