No announcement yet.

Drum-Tec Video - Pearl e/Merge Electronic Drum Kit Unboxing & Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how these companies make decisions. Ever since I listened to a ddrum4 against a Roland all those years ago and bought the ddrum4 as it sounded more realistic I’ve wondered why the big guns don’t go for sample based modules. I know the ddrum people became 2box but it was never taken as far as they should have done. It’s only been in the last year or so that the mimic appeared which actually gave us a full blown sample module with a realistic amount of trigger inputs. I think they guess what drummers may want as any drummer I have known first and foremost wants the drums to sound realistic. After that then all sorts of other things and sounds yes but get the basics right. It makes me wonder if anyone ever speaks to drummers about what they would like. It looks like Pearl did with the mimic but then comes out with this! I’m sure some will buy and I know from reading the forum many will like it as people have said they think many of the Roland kits are great sounding. 2box could have done with a bit more money behind them. Ddrum were the biggest before Roland took off. It’s a shame they couldn’t have kept the position of realistic drums and good features. The only reason I bought a Roland kit is I’ve got them both really cheap and they had the right amount of trigger inputs I required to trigger VSTIs. Sticking to acoustic for live for the foreseeable future.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
      I wonder how these companies make decisions. Ever since I listened to a ddrum4 against a Roland all those years ago and bought the ddrum4 as it sounded more realistic I’ve wondered why the big guns don’t go for sample based modules. I know the ddrum people became 2box but it was never taken as far as they should have done. It’s only been in the last year or so that the mimic appeared which actually gave us a full blown sample module with a realistic amount of trigger inputs. I think they guess what drummers may want as any drummer I have known first and foremost wants the drums to sound realistic. After that then all sorts of other things and sounds yes but get the basics right. It makes me wonder if anyone ever speaks to drummers about what they would like. It looks like Pearl did with the mimic but then comes out with this! I’m sure some will buy and I know from reading the forum many will like it as people have said they think many of the Roland kits are great sounding. 2box could have done with a bit more money behind them. Ddrum were the biggest before Roland took off. It’s a shame they couldn’t have kept the position of realistic drums and good features. The only reason I bought a Roland kit is I’ve got them both really cheap and they had the right amount of trigger inputs I required to trigger VSTIs. Sticking to acoustic for live for the foreseeable future.
      Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought Slate developed the Mimic and Pearl jumped aboard to handle the distribution.
      ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance27 View Post

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought Slate developed the Mimic and Pearl jumped aboard to handle the distribution.
        I didn’t say anything about who developed the mimic?
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
          I wonder how these companies make decisions.
          Probably because they don't know the result only after finishing the project and spending like 20-30 millions on R&D, no matter what result they need to get back their money first, crap sound or defect triggers, it's too late. Now everyone talk about sound on emerge, let's see if it's reliable cymbal and triggers, if they broke within a years, that product will get chaos in all area, cymbal are the worst to do, even ATV struggled a bit are ex Roland engineers, they might be worst.

Originally posted by Chance27 View Post

Yep Slate team designed mimic, distributed from Pearl. Epro live cymbal + module was rebranded Alesis DM10 with new sound + true trac developed from Pearl.
          Last edited by Chris K; 09-29-19, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Guys I have listened to a couple of Vids, one from DrumTec and one from Thomanns and so far I dont like the sounds at all. Who knows. We can probably blame the recording gear but doesnt sound like Emerge would be for me. So far, 2 box which I have owned for 5 years and the mimic are the only modules that I really like the sounds from. Live that there are so many choices out there and many more coming. Yamaha has to have something brewing other than hybrid modules

Comment

Post deleted.
              Last edited by jpsquared482; 09-29-19, 07:22 PM.
              ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffo View Post
                Guys I have listened to a couple of Vids, one from DrumTec and one from Thomanns and so far I dont like the sounds at all. Who knows.
                It's not the video, I know someone tested at winter namm he said it sound like one shots sample, and sound harsh.
                Last edited by Chris K; 09-30-19, 11:44 PM.

Comment

This appeared on fb today. Not sure if it is new or not from drum-tec. The sounds are really synthetic to my ears. They are are even worse than Roland sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eJI...=1&app=desktop

Comment

I wonder how many people own this kit
                    hands up please ....
                    Robert

Comment

i'd like to give this kit two thumbs down
                      Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

I saw it today and I didnt care for it. Ralf's drumming is always great but I will keep my 2box with vst's as opposed to the Emerge so far

Comment

Working...
                        X