Pearl MIMIC microphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl MIMIC microphone

Playing and editing snare using 4 microphones on mimic, same as using 4 multilayered instruments sound simultaneously per instrument, each mic have unique and it's own individual eq\compressor\ attack sustain release for each setting + reverb volume for each, if not enough, you can layers 2 snares together, that is about 8 mic together, sky the limits. Dynamic range can change relative on compressor and mic level. Ghost note,press roll sound can change for users taste playing with all compressor, asr and such. You can do this with most instruments on MIMIC to sculpt your sound. All default instruments are mostly raw, and have the same distinct sound "flavor", until you play with EQ\COMPRESSOR\ MIC, these transform totally the sound, I am pretty sure some would like only to play with direct mic and little overhead, which bring you more dry sound and direct playing. On mimic they skipped the Classic series from SSD5 simply because there where all processed ready, no mic available and using low layer like 4-5. The mic are very powerful that make big difference. When you get used with these, it's hard to play with stereo sample player module, limited layer\ memory.

https://soundcloud.com/user-76111509...UVmNeKoaeXs7HI
    Last edited by Chris K; 08-22-19, 02:07 AM.

Nice demo of what is possible with the sound design options available in the Mimic. I feel that not enough people truly realise what potential there is in the sounds in the module and this goes some way to address that, so thanks for posting.

I'm planning on doing some form of demonstration video in the future, but it might be a while off yet. I hope to help increase the knowledge base for this kind of thing as I find that most people who know how to do these things don't go out of their way to show it off (which isn't a criticism, not everyone has anywhere near the time needed to do so). It just means that you get a lot of newer users or people who don't have studio-style experience asking a lot of similar questions that either don't get addressed properly or just get staggered replies of varying levels.

If there was any chance of you doing a breakdown of which changes you applied for each sound variation, I think that would be a great help for some people too. I can hear what I believe to be changed for each one, but some others might not know what kind of change affects which kind of sound variation.
    The eDrum Workshop | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Pulsc View Post
      Nice demo of what is possible with the sound design options available in the Mimic. I feel that not enough people truly realise what potential there is in the sounds in the module and this goes some way to address that, so thanks for posting.

I'm planning on doing some form of demonstration video in the future, but it might be a while off yet. I hope to help increase the knowledge base for this kind of thing as I find that most people who know how to do these things don't go out of their way to show it off (which isn't a criticism, not everyone has anywhere near the time needed to do so). It just means that you get a lot of newer users or people who don't have studio-style experience asking a lot of similar questions that either don't get addressed properly or just get staggered replies of varying levels.

If there was any chance of you doing a breakdown of which changes you applied for each sound variation, I think that would be a great help for some people too. I can hear what I believe to be changed for each one, but some others might not know what kind of change affects which kind of sound variation.
      I agree 100%, it's natural "modeling" with native sample, like you are in the studio mic in a drum. Waiting next firmware to be released, things will get much easier.

Comment

Working...
      X