Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racks vs Stands for Edrums - Pics wanted!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tivi View Post
    96max5sp, what are those 2 speaker systems are you using as your monitors? thanks.
    They are 2 lucas nano 300 PA systems linked together for my monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Vigosh View Post
      Hey ImagesByJDA,

Awesome setup mate, I have been wanting to see what the ATVs look like on a rack for a while.
      Quick question that I have asked elsewhere but not been able to get an answer to (as yet).

If you were to set one of your other cymbals to Hi Hat (On the AD5 module), are you able to use the open/close function whilst controlling it with your Hi Hat stand?
      This can be done on the TD-50, very curious to know whether it can be done on the AD5.....
      Yes this works on the aD5. I set one of my crashes to Hi hat group and the foot controller controlled both it and the main Hi hat simultaneously.
      Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

Thanx so much mate, That's awesome, having hats on my right opens up more possibilities...... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Vigosh View Post
          Thanx so much mate, That's awesome, having hats on my right opens up more possibilities...... :-)
          Foot "chic" stills occurs at the controller though so if the 2 cymbals are panned far apart it sounds a bit odd.
          Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

Wow good to know-but you can’t assign a hi hat “closed” sound to another cymbal, right? Love to be able to work on double bass with a closed hihat assigned to an effects cymbal without having to drop the main hat clutch... into

Originally posted by molson View Post

Yes this works on the aD5. I set one of my crashes to Hi hat group and the foot controller controlled both it and the main Hi hat simultaneously.

Comment

Not to derail the thread but how are the Jobeky drums? How is the triggering? In the process of researching my next E-Kit and they are priced within my range but I've seen mixed reviews on their products.

Comment

The triggering is good and is nice and sensitive. I know people have issues with the build quality and customer support which can be a factor. I did have the soldering to the piezo in my bass drum trigger break after 2 to 3 years. They did send a replacement, very slowly though, it took months. I got a very good price on the original set which is why I got Jobeky and have had no other issues yet. If I do I will look at another manufacturer probably to be honest such as ATV, diamond or drum-tec. If you are someone who needs dependability and fast customer service I would look elsewhere. If you can afford the occasional issue and are willing to be very patient with customer service then I think Jobeky is a good value to save some money as they do perform well if there are no issues.

Comment

Awesome, that's exactly the info that I was looking for. Thanks!

Comment

Def stands...easier to move, more flexible to position, easier to deal with vibrations
                    Roland TD-50, PD-140DS, CY-18DR, VH-11, CY-5, CY-14 (x2), CY-15R, KT-10
                    ATV aD-T10 (x2), aD-T13

Comment

Originally posted by spillitnkillit View Post
                      Awesome, that's exactly the info that I was looking for. Thanks!
                      You're welcome!

Alright, so for now I decided to stay with the rack. I was almost sold and then part laziness taking it all apart and part just liking the rack. I looked at the space where I have it setup and it's just so much cleaner with a rack even though I agree it would look better on stands. Having just 4 posts on the floor, no wires and everything easily setup when moving it. Sure it's a little bulkier to move but I did bring it with me once and it fits perfectly in my car. Then you just unfold it and everything is all set. I have a honda fit and believe me, it looks small but it is versatile. I just lift the back seats cushions up and the rack slips right in standing up. It's a great drummers car as long as you dont have an acoustic size 20 piece Neil Peart kit. The seats can also lay all the way flat for alot of space and low load in.

Anyway, feel free to keep trying to convince me and post pics

Comment

Stands sound like an interesting idea and could eliminate a lot of cross-talk. Could definitely work for smaller kits but if you have a lot of pads it could become a nightmare.
                        Dual Alesis Module Drum Set (DM10+DM8+Trigger iO), Dual Layer Tennis Ball Drum Riser
                        Shure SE215 IEM's, Simmons DA50 Amp, Alto Professional ZMX862 Mixer, Tama SpeedCobra Pedals, Vic Firth 7AN Sticks, Roc-N-Soc Original Throne

Comment

Originally posted by 96max5sp View Post

Alright, so for now I decided to stay with the rack. I was almost sold and then part laziness taking it all apart and part just liking the rack. I looked at the space where I have it setup and it's just so much cleaner with a rack even though I agree it would look better on stands. Having just 4 posts on the floor, no wires and everything easily setup when moving it. Sure it's a little bulkier to move but I did bring it with me once and it fits perfectly in my car. Then you just unfold it and everything is all set. I have a honda fit and believe me, it looks small but it is versatile. I just lift the back seats cushions up and the rack slips right in standing up. It's a great drummers car as long as you dont have an acoustic size 20 piece Neil Peart kit. The seats can also lay all the way flat for alot of space and low load in.
                          Total agreement. I think you made a sensible, realistic decision. Before my A2E conversion, I had a Roland TD-15 : extended edition. I travelled constantly to rehearsals, auditions, gigs. Much like yours, it was a very easy and quick to tear down and set up. I had two large canvas bags, the rack folded up, the high hat stand and snare case (the PA, on rare occasion). 3 maybe 4 trips to the car.

Ill try to get a pic here later.

Comment

Although my kit was on a rack, I've always wanted to switch to stands.

Here's a video where they show a Drumtech kit set up with stands.

Looks clean enough...

DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

MDS-20 modded, look good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBnfES2nxpc

Comment

Thanks for the video link. It does look pretty clean on stands but not sure how easy to tear down and setup. If you design the rack to be light with shorter posts and boom arms, everything cusomized only as long as you need then I think its quicker to just unfold and good to go, with edrums at least. It would be cool to figure out a good stealth rack setup that splits and wires disconnect so its 2 pieces for edrums. I do admit the one pita is when you want to change your setup especially if you run the wires through the tubes. Definitely pros and cons with each setup and what you want out of it. I still want to shorten the wires that go into the module on my setup. There are only so many lengths of wires available (3, 5, 10, 15) and would like to have custom lengths so they are all the same length out of the tube and into the module. Maybe that will be a future project, just gotta make sure I have everything finalized where I want it and never change again

Comment

Working...
                                X