In The Stone - Earth, Wind & Fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In The Stone - Earth, Wind & Fire

Hi guys. I did a quick and dirty recording today of an instrumental version of this Earth Wind & Fire classic. Hope you enjoy

sounds tight, well done.

Comment

Someone has been been practicing this song. Love the song and you nailed it.

Comment

Fantastic take. Tight and smooth. BTW, what kit were you playing. Sounds like maybe a TD15?
        Mimic Pro on first release pre-order. Currently: TD-11 triggering VSTs (SD 2.3, SSD4, EZDrummer2), DIY drums with Quartz and Pintech triggers, Handsonic HPD-20, JBL Eon 515XT

Comment

Thanks all! jpsquared, it's a TD9. I just use the default vdrums kit but I customised most of it instead of creating a user kit. I changed the toms to custom birch I think, and I changed the ride cymbal and tuned it lower to give it more of a defined ping. I think I changed the bass drum as well to a maple kick. I mostly use the default snare and rimshot for practise but I change it depending on what I think would suit a song.

Comment

Well done, this is what it's all about!
            K
            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

We talk about of different settings, set ups , modules, etc... Which by the way, I really enjoy. But sometimes I really just need to hear one of our members just playing .That was right and the sounds were awesome! Great job!

Comment

Hey thanks very much Kenster and hemiboy!

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin5 View Post
                  Thanks all! jpsquared, it's a TD9. I just use the default vdrums kit but I customised most of it instead of creating a user kit. I changed the toms to custom birch I think, and I changed the ride cymbal and tuned it lower to give it more of a defined ping. I think I changed the bass drum as well to a maple kick. I mostly use the default snare and rimshot for practise but I change it depending on what I think would suit a song.
                  Great module, that TD9, and nice job getting such a great sound in that mix. I agree with Kenster and Hemiboy - we can have fun tweaking, but let's play these bad boys!
                  Mimic Pro on first release pre-order. Currently: TD-11 triggering VSTs (SD 2.3, SSD4, EZDrummer2), DIY drums with Quartz and Pintech triggers, Handsonic HPD-20, JBL Eon 515XT

Comment

Working...
                  X