"Just Groove Me" drum cover w/ Toontrack Metal Machine EZX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Just Groove Me" drum cover w/ Toontrack Metal Machine EZX

Just picked up the Metal Machine EZX over the holidays and thought it was perfect for this Oz Noy/Dave Weckl tune.

I'm using the default/basic preset which is the Tama Bubinga kit and John Tempesta signature snare. I did change the ride to a 23" Zildjian sweet ride from the '70s Southern Soul EZX but everything else is from Metal Machine.

The solo section is sloppy in spots... <shrug>
    Last edited by bakerboy; 01-07-17, 07:10 PM.

TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Sounds pretty good, I was thinking you could probably bring the drums a little more forward in the mix.
    Nice job on the play along!!!!
    Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
    Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

Sounds great. I kind of agree with Hoppy, but only on the Hats(slightly). You make me want to get EZD 2. lol. Im still loving SD2. Although lately I've been practicing with just the module sounds. For me it's much easier when just learning new songs. But I need to get some recording done. And for that the module is no good.

I've asked you this before and it seems like you have.... But are you totally EZD2 now? Do you have any use for SD2 anymore? You're getting it done with EZD2.
      Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals. TD15, SPD SX, SPD30, SD2.4

Comment

Originally posted by Roving Drummer View Post
        Sounds great. I kind of agree with Hoppy, but only on the Hats(slightly). You make me want to get EZD 2. lol. Im still loving SD2. Although lately I've been practicing with just the module sounds. For me it's much easier when just learning new songs. But I need to get some recording done. And for that the module is no good.

I've asked you this before and it seems like you have.... But are you totally EZD2 now? Do you have any use for SD2 anymore? You're getting it done with EZD2.
        Thanks for the feedback. I think I may agree with you on the hi-hat level in hindsight. But, that kinda goes along with why I use EZD2: I don't typically have a lot of time to fiddle with mixing. When I find time to do a drum cover or whatever, it's often a pretty quick job and EZD2 is more of a mix-ready software than SD2. Just allows me to get a sound I'm happy with more quickly. SD2 is amazing if you plan to take the time to really dive into the drum sound minutiae. And I wish I had more time to do that. I just normally don't.

TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Comment

Really nice, sounds great!
          Roland TD-25KV, Drum-tec 14" pro Snare Sapeli, 2xPDX-100, 1xPD-125BK, 1xCY-14C, 1xCY-13R, 1xCY15R, Tama Iron Cobra HP600D Pedal, Tama HH905N Hi-Hat Iron Cobra Lever

For sale AD2 with 4 ADpacks: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/mark...-drums-2-with-4-adpacks

Comment

Awesome!!!!

K ;-)
            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Working...
            X