Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Animals Drum and Bass Cover (How to use Roland TD30kv more creatively)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animals Drum and Bass Cover (How to use Roland TD30kv more creatively)

Hi Guys!

I'm new to this forum. I've been recording covers of some cool songs with a close friend of mine. I've been using the sounds form the Roland TD30kv kit and I've been pleased with the sounds that it has.

I don't have much time to mess around with the sounds though and am wondering how I can use it more creatively. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated! (:

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeDe31izBwc

Thanks in advance (:

Welcome to the Forums!!!! As for sounds, you can get some VEX packs and really up the ante as far as how the kit sounds (especially cymbals!!)

As for "creativity, not sure what you mean other than using all the weird sound effects and what not......maybe watch some Michael Shack videos or some of the Roland VDrum competitions to see how others are using all the non drum sounding sound effects. You can also play along with some loops to be creative....anything you can imagine!!

Post some more vids and have fun here!

K ;-)
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Sounded great all the way around. Awesome Job

I thought you were creative with the song. I go back and forth with so many sounds and choices. Sometimes if feels better just to pick the kit and go for it. Anyway, I enjoyed the video very much. Thanks, for posting. Tom
      www.EDrumForum.com Going to be strictly a DIY e Drum Community

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=198

Comment

Agree with the others... vex it with some other kits. You might hear some details in other kits that provide inspiration and variety.

Nice job on the video and more importantly good drumming.

May I ask what you have going with the in ear monitors? what are you hearing? Your kit and the song of course. The bass?

Comment

Very nice! Playing is great ! video editing is great! Impressed with the bass player too. 6 stringed bass, don't see that often! He plays it well.
          Practice Kit-TD30 module.6 pc STARCLASSIC B/B DIY conversion.pearl tru trac bass drum trigger,cy15,2 x cy14,cy 12c,2 x cy8.vh12 hats.cake pan conversion.
          Gigging kit same td 30 module .5 pc STARCLASSIC PERFORMER cake pan conversion DIY.Pearl tru trac bass trigger.Zildjian gen 16 480 cymbal pack.direct source pickups.cy15,cy14 x 2,cy12

Comment

Originally posted by Macarina View Post
            Agree with the others... vex it with some other kits. You might hear some details in other kits that provide inspiration and variety.

Nice job on the video and more importantly good drumming.

May I ask what you have going with the in ear monitors? what are you hearing? Your kit and the song of course. The bass?
            Nope, no bass. The bass is recorded after the drums. It will become more obvious in upcoming videos due the the poor choice of camera angles haha. Filming/editing is still pretty new to us so we do make mistakes like that.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone (: Will definitely check out the VEX stuff!

Comment

IEM your using there?

Comment

They're the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 (: A friend got them for me at a huge discount.
                Last edited by RinkyInky; 03-18-15, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X