Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New e-drums!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New e-drums!

Finally got my Yamaha DTX400 kit today, & overall, I'm impressed with 'em....Pretty much plug/play with my daw/computer, of course I'll have to tweak settings to get the sensitivity more how I'd like it, but again, I'm pretty impressed with 'em...

Should be a winner too. as far as the noise I was concerned with, I've been beating on these things for a couple hours now, & the wife is still asleep, so that's a good sign...lol...Take my word for it, if the noise would've woke her up, I'd known about it by now...hahaha

Here's a quick pic during the assembly after work tonight:

So far, so good, loaded up several of my drum vsti's (Superior, Steven Slate, Abbey Road 80's/Modern Drums), & haven't had to change really anything to get 'em to trigger the samples...

A big thing I've noticed though, is I'm not a drummer....Sure, I can bash out a beat, but my hat's off to you guys here that can play the way you do...While I've not commented on any of 'em, I've watched several vids of you guys, & I'm very impressed with your playing ability....Hopefully, I'll be able to half-way keep up before too long...
    Yamaha DTX 400, Yamaha DTXplorer Module, Yamaha PCY100
    Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Marshall, EVH

Nice, enjoy and keep practicing!
    Electronic - Mapex DIY conversion black sparkle10,12,12,14,14 toms.16 bass. TD12, VH-12, CY 12,14,14,15. Jobeky snare. 682 heads, zed head and one Remo silentstroke. Roland PM3.
    Acoustic - Yamaha Maple Custom black sparkle. 10,12,13,14,16,22 Zildjian Avedis Crashes, ride. Quick beat and new beat hats. Yamaha Maple snare, Pearl Sensitone brass snare, Yamaha Bamboo snare, Tee Drums Oak snare.

Comment

Nice kit. Enjoy!

Comment

So far, I'm really liking these drums...Yes, I should have gotten a better kit, but for a beginner, it's really nice to be able to actually play the drums to my songs, instead of trying to get the software to do what I want it to ...I do have a long way to go on my playing though, but again, I'm really happy with the DTX400....Really easy/simple to set up, basically plug/play, which is nice...

I've been messing with the different settings on the module today, & have to say I'm pretty impressed with 'em so far...

Thanks guys!!!

Comment

Another pic of my recording setup, can't really see everything (I couldn't get it all into one pic), but anyway, here's what I've got in my little recording room:

Comment

Thanks for getting back to us. Your room setup beats mine (in the unfinished basement) by a mile.

I see that by using the KU100 pedal for the kick, you take the biggest noise producer out of the kit.

I liked the DTX400, glad you do to.

www.digitaldrummermag.com
            www.dauphinehotel.com
            TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Working...
            X