Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 99% finished A to E conversion plus Yamaha Maple in same finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 99% finished A to E conversion plus Yamaha Maple in same finish

Thanks for looking! Very happy with the end product, 10" tom just needs rim protector on and I'm not 100% happy with my DIY bass drum riser.
    It's 'ok' but just doesn't quite look the part. Probably go for Pearl adaptor!
    Anyway I think its turned out well - I used the cake pan method but dont think I will on the next build as too much resonance.
    I have just bought a Jobeky 14 x 5 'snare' in Natural Maple veneer and she is an absolute beauty!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    Electronic - Mapex DIY conversion black sparkle10,12,12,14,14 toms.16 bass. TD12, VH-12, CY 12,14,14,15. Jobeky snare. 682 heads, zed head and one Remo silentstroke. Roland PM3.
    Acoustic - Yamaha Maple Custom black sparkle. 10,12,13,14,16,22 Zildjian Avedis Crashes, ride. Quick beat and new beat hats. Yamaha Maple snare, Pearl Sensitone brass snare, Yamaha Bamboo snare, Tee Drums Oak snare.

This gallery has 4 photos.
    Electronic - Mapex DIY conversion black sparkle10,12,12,14,14 toms.16 bass. TD12, VH-12, CY 12,14,14,15. Jobeky snare. 682 heads, zed head and one Remo silentstroke. Roland PM3.
    Acoustic - Yamaha Maple Custom black sparkle. 10,12,13,14,16,22 Zildjian Avedis Crashes, ride. Quick beat and new beat hats. Yamaha Maple snare, Pearl Sensitone brass snare, Yamaha Bamboo snare, Tee Drums Oak snare.

Comment

Acoustic .....More cymbals needed!
      This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Sweet! You can dampen out the resonance of the pans using remo sound control disks. They usually come with an extra disk besides the one that goes in the plastic tray. I use the tray and 1 disk for the reso head so the extra can easiliy be dropped into the pan. Just cut a hole in it to allow the the trigger assembly to maintain contact with the mesh. Also folks have used clear PVC sheets (same used in DIY cymbal dampening) and is said to work well. One more option would be that spray on Flex Seal. Comes in white , black or clear so you have some aesthetic options.
        8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
        http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Thanks Daniel! Once again your wealth of knowledge is appreciated! I have taken apart the Jobeky its simply just a circular mdf disc with the peizo and foam 'built up' to the head. Stock black 'acoustic' resonant head with ,looks like, a small amount of insulation under the mdf. But the only acoustic sound you really get out of this drum is the buzzing of the supplied zed mesh head!
          I'm happy with the triggering of the cake pans just not the acoustic noise. I will try the methods you suggest but I think next build will be similar to the snare!

Comment

Working...
          X