Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First "gig"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First "gig"

My band which is tongue-in-cheek named Total Domination. We played our first official "gig" and by that I mean my garage during my New Year's party. Anyway, this was the first time we had played in front of anyone as a group. You can't see them in the video, but there were about 30 people there. Please excuse the child screaming during the first few songs, that would be my three year old son who wanted to use the video camera. We are very amateur musicians and do this purely for the fun of it, but we had an absolute blast. I used my Td-6 kit with a VH-11 hat running Addictive Drums through a Macbook air. There were many screw ups, but overall it was awesome. Enjoy!

great stuff Adam - I think we've all done a garage show for family and friends before!

Roland TD-30KV, Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedal, Pearl H1000 hit hat stand, Shure SE530 IEMs, AKG K171 MKII Headphones, Mackie DLM PA, Yamaha MG102C mixer, Roland Studio Capture

Natal Walnut kit (US Fusion X), Bosphorus Antique 16" Crash & 22" Ride, Bosphorus Gold Series 14" hats.

Comment

I remember those days well. Looks like everyone had a blast. Love parties like that. Very cool. You need more amplification on those drums to keep up with the guitars though.

BTW...nice bike.
      8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
      http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

! like the vibe that you guys have going on inside 'Adams Garage'
        Absolutely dig vids like this! ....awesome stuff!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
          I remember those days well. Looks like everyone had a blast. Love parties like that. Very cool. You need more amplification on those drums to keep up with the guitars though.

BTW...nice bike.

Thanks the bike is my other passion it's a BMW S1000RR. I hear you on the volume of the drums. The mix is tough in a garage and I currently don't have a subwoofer. Also, we didn't want it to be too loud and blow everyone's ears out.

Comment

Most awesome!!!!!! I LOVE these kinda gigs...the band I'm in now plans on doing JUST these kinds of shows before going on to bigger ones. We look forward to them. I love the first song btw. Just curious, were you playing in like half a key higher than the original? Sounded kinda high...might just be me.

K ;-)
            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Great stuff! A gig is a gig and private parties are always fun. Not a horrible mix, but I would beef the drums a bit and the bass.
              My Sites:
              www.santinothunder.com www.subtlefeud.com http://thewelljamexperience.com

Electronics:
              Yamaha DTXtremeIIS, Superior Drummer 2.3, Metal Foundry, DFH, Latin Percussion EZX, SPD-11.

Acoustics:
              Tama Drums, Paiste Cymbals, LP & Toca Percussion. New addition Pearl RT (Soon to be DIY A/E)

Comment

Originally posted by Kenster View Post
                Most awesome!!!!!! I LOVE these kinda gigs...the band I'm in now plans on doing JUST these kinds of shows before going on to bigger ones. We look forward to them. I love the first song btw. Just curious, were you playing in like half a key higher than the original? Sounded kinda high...might just be me.

K ;-)
                Yes, I do believe so, the guitars are normally tuned down for that song, we played it in standard tuning just so we wouldn't have to retune afterward.

Comment

why can't I see a link to watch what you have all obviously been looking at?
                  TD-15KV. VEX Evolution. Jobeky Prestige Custom Dual Zone 13" eDrum. PDX-100 X 2. PD-85BK X 2 KD-9 X 1. VH-11. CY-12C X 2. CY-13R. Tama speed cobra. Pearl HI Hat

Comment

Originally posted by Mau View Post
                    why can't I see a link to watch what you have all obviously been looking at?
                    There is a Youtube-video in post #1 that you should see!
                    Don't you?

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

I must confess that I can not see any link in post #1...either...
                      Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, PCY-155, 120MHz MD with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.19. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

It's back. Must be down to all the problems we/Alan is having with the site
                        TD-15KV. VEX Evolution. Jobeky Prestige Custom Dual Zone 13" eDrum. PDX-100 X 2. PD-85BK X 2 KD-9 X 1. VH-11. CY-12C X 2. CY-13R. Tama speed cobra. Pearl HI Hat

Comment

Very Very NICE!!!beautiful times and good music!!!Please send me more videos from live or songs,demo's or another material from your band,i'm the fan!!!my email adress is: [email protected]

thank's and stay strong.sakis from Athens/Greece...
                          Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/sakis.rudiments?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

Sometimes I watch stuff on you tube and think."Gee that's "insert amount of time here" of my life I can't get back".... didn't feel that with this video .... thanks for sharing.... and love the band name.....
                            TD-6 Vexed... TD-12 vexed .... hard at work on an A to E conversion and pretty sure that will never end till i do.....lol

Comment

Thank you all for your positive feedback, we've definitely been having fun with it. We are working on another "gig". This one would be a bit more real. Playing at a roller derby! Couldn't be more awesome. Can't wait. I'll post it if we get the gig.

Comment

Working...
                              X