Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Speaker ? For the TD-30 KV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Speaker ? For the TD-30 KV

After several hours of reading the forums and research I have a pretty good idea what direction I want to go with my speakers, but I still have some unresolved questions. I am really wanting to prevent lugging a sub around to practice and gigs if I can. My new band has already told me their system cannot hold my system and so I need to provide my own for the time being. I have been looking at the QSC K12 and 15, the JBL 15 EON (cannot remember the model at the moment) the Alto brand and Behringer. All of these will be for FOH. At this moment, one QSC is all i have in the budget. I will be able to get the second one in a few months if thats the route I decide to go. Also, I am guessing I will need some kind of personal monitor for the stage. I am thinking about the Simmons DA200S for this monitor. Thanks for the help
    - Shawn TD30KV

Hard to beat the QSC / Simmons route, Trust Me I know!
    When you can add the QSC sub you will be set for life.
    "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by shawnd View Post
      All of these will be for FOH. At this moment, one QSC is all i have in the budget. I will be able to get the second one in a few months if thats the route I decide to go.
      This is a sound decision, and a good way to approach things, financially!
      I agree, once you get a good set of speakers, you will be hassle-free for decades!

Avoid the Alto brand! - I can personally speak for the 'crapness' of these low-budget components ...speakers, mixers, et al.
      Not much better with 'ear-ringer' either...

HTH
      Last edited by hairmetal-81; 12-31-13, 12:42 PM. Reason: fixed quote

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Excellent. I was hoping I was somewhat on point.
        - Shawn TD30KV

Comment

Just for turther clarification: Will your own PA speakers completely replace your bands' FOH speakers, or just enhance them?

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

It is just going to enhance them because they will continue using their equipment.
            - Shawn TD30KV

Comment

Working...
            X