Stolen Gear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Gear

Someone stole my KD-80 and my DW 5000 pedal last night as we were loading out from a gig in Ventura. What really gets me is that unless the thief has a Roland module the KD-80 is useless, although I imagine that they stole them to sell, not to use.

Anyway, if anyone in the Ventura area gets offered a used KD-80 with a Kevlar slam patch and/or a used DW 5000 from someone sketchy, please let me know. Both items are in near-perfect condition.

Jim
    "too loud, too late"
    My mom, circa 1974 (before v-drums)

www.redrhythm.com

Originally posted by jimiguy View Post

Someone stole my KD-80 and my DW 5000 pedal last night as we were loading out from a gig in Ventura. What really gets me is that unless the thief has a Roland module the KD-80 is useless, although I imagine that they stole them to sell, not to use.

Anyway, if anyone in the Ventura area gets offered a used KD-80 with a Kevlar slam patch and/or a used DW 5000 from someone sketchy, please let me know. Both items are in near-perfect condition.

Jim
    You need to file a police report, check/flag the pawn shops in the area and check Craigslist RIGHT NOW. Also, see if the club has video tape of the area.
    Good luck and sorry.

K ;-)
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

+1 to what Kenster said.

Thieves. Scum of the earth.
      I’d rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

This is another time to bring up instrument insurance. A company called Clarion has plans just for music equipment and you pay based on what you think it is worth. I have $40,000+ in gear and it is all covered no matter what against everything but nuclear diaster and siezure due to military action. (no kidding, those are written into the policy) It covers anything else; theft, damage and damage from any number of ways. On stage dmg and even if you back over your gear with the van. It is world wide coverage so you are covered on the road too!

The best part is that they upgrade you if your equipment is no longer on the market and tha value does not depreciate. If you own a TD-10 and it gets ruined, it will be replaced with the current flagship model, the TD-20. I tell every musician I know to sign up for it.

You only pay based on what you report your equipment to be worth. I only pay $300 a year to cover $40,000 worth of gear. You can also borrow you band mates stuff for a road trip. If you call them up a head of time, you can add upto $50,000 of other peoples gear for up to 30 days at a time at no extra cost!!!

Totally worth it.
        **New kit construction complete. Pangea is born**SPD-S, Malletkat Express w/ Kurzweil PC-2R, Mackie DFX-12 mixer and a pair JBL EON G2 15" amps with an Eon 518-S Sub.

11pc. Pearl kit with custom marble swirl finish, and Sabian Cymbals.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lucastc View Post
          This is another time to bring up instrument insurance. A company called Clarion has plans just for music equipment and you pay based on what you think it is worth. I have $40,000+ in gear and it is all covered no matter what against everything but nuclear diaster and siezure due to military action. (no kidding, those are written into the policy) It covers anything else; theft, damage and damage from any number of ways. On stage dmg and even if you back over your gear with the van. It is world wide coverage so you are covered on the road too!

The best part is that they upgrade you if your equipment is no longer on the market and tha value does not depreciate. If you own a TD-10 and it gets ruined, it will be replaced with the current flagship model, the TD-20. I tell every musician I know to sign up for it.

You only pay based on what you report your equipment to be worth. I only pay $300 a year to cover $40,000 worth of gear. You can also borrow you band mates stuff for a road trip. If you call them up a head of time, you can add upto $50,000 of other peoples gear for up to 30 days at a time at no extra cost!!!

Totally worth it.
          WOW! This is awesome! The Insurance that is. Sorry to hear of the theft. I agree with Kenster....Hunt them down!
          8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
          http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Thanks guys, a ploice reports has been filed and I will look into the Clarion insurance.

Jim
            "too loud, too late"

www.redrhythm.com

Comment

Definitely watch Craigslist. A guitar player I know had his gear ripped off. Saw one of the guitars on Craigslist the next day. He called the cops, they had him set up a meeting to buy the guitar and got the guy. He got all the gear back.

Comment

Hi Jim,

In addition to the local pawn shops, also contact the music stores in the area - Ventura, Thousand Oaks, Oxnard, and even Santa Barbara. If the thief is desperate for money, they may try to hit up the local shops. I know several of the guys you work in those stores... if you need me to pass along the info let me know.
                Product & Artist Relations Manager - Drums & Percussion - Roland US

About Drew

Linkedin Profile

Comment

Thanks Drew,

It would be great if you could pass the information along to the various local music stores.

I was able to buy a ‘in-the-box’ KD-80 to replace the one that was stolen and I noticed that it now longer includes the black ‘lock-knobs’ that helped to keep the lugs in place. It looks like they may have been replaced with a ‘lock-bushing’ but I want to make sure so that I don’t damage the pad. Can you tell me if the old black locking knobs have been replaced with the lock-bushing?

Thanks for all of your (and everyone else’s) assistance!

Jim
                  "too loud, too late"

www.redrhythm.com

Comment

BTW Drew, other than replacing some of the original weak plastic cymbal clamps, after over 10 years and well over 500 gigs with my V-Drums, this is the first time that I have had to ‘replace’ any of my gear made by Roland (upgrades due to GAS not included, of course).

You guys DO make great gear!

Jim
                    "too loud, too late"

www.redrhythm.com

Comment

Originally posted by lucastc View Post
                      A company called Clarion has plans just for music equipment and you pay based on what you think it is worth. I have $40,000+ in gear and it is all covered no matter what against everything but nuclear diaster and siezure due to military action. (no kidding, those are written into the policy) It covers anything else; theft, damage and damage from any number of ways. On stage dmg and even if you back over your gear with the van. It is world wide coverage so you are covered on the road too!

Totally worth it.
                      Sorry for the bump, but I just learned that none of my equipment, or my band's equipment is covered by my insurance and that there's no option for coverage. I was scanning the archives here to see if anyone else had discussed this in the past and ran across this one (only). Please let me know if anyone uses this company, or if there's others using something else?

I'm in the market for coverage!
                      E-kit: TD50KV with KD A22, SPD-SX, BT-1, Acoustic: DW Custom, Maple Mahogany, Zildjian K Customs, Sweet and Darks, Pork Pie Thrones, Tama Speed Cobras and DW HW, Zildjian sticks. Midas 32C, MD421, EV ND46, ND96, SM57, SM81. Past kits include Roland TD9 Mesh and TD30K.

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Comment

Sorry to hear.... What venue was that in Ventura?

Comment

Originally posted by dsnooc View Post
                            Sorry to hear.... What venue was that in Ventura?
                            He's probably over it now - he's had 11 years to grieve

Comment

Working...
                            X