Check out this live video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this live video!

This is a geat gig I did with my world music funk band. We had Sukhawat Ali Khan,who has well known singers in his family back 10 generations. It was an amazing night.

I used the tdw20 for the first time on this gig. I hope to figure out how to post full quality sound for the next video. If anyone knows how to do this,please let me know.

Peter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t70fGQCf4e0
    Last edited by Peter W; 01-07-09, 09:35 AM.

Perhaps we should let you know how to post..... nevermind

Link?

Comment

Looks like you forgot the link, Peter.

Steve
      No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

Whoops,the link is there now. I better stop making too many posts late at night.

Comment

Very cool stuff Peter, is it posssible to get a copy of the songs in mp3? They are very nice. Have you listened Nass Marrakech?

Cheers

------------------------------------------------
          Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

Dig it. The v-kit really stands out with everyone else playing world music instruments lol.
            Last edited by quichester; 01-07-09, 06:55 PM.
            give quiche a chance

Comment

Nice playing Peter !!!! Not my cup but still quite cool !!!!
              Eric G: Pearl,Paiste,Remo,Vic Firth,Gibraltar,Roc-n-Soc,Roland TD-6V, Lots of Vex and mesh all around.

Comment

Thanks Eric. I am doing a show with an African guy at The Sleeping Lady in Fairfax Saturday night. That may not be your cup of tea either,but I see that you are local.

I have Ousseynou kouyate,who used to be with Youssou N'dour[African singer on Peter Gabriel's "in your eyes"],and Manose,the Basuri flute player from Deva Premal. Deva Premal is pretty big in the new age world. The guitarist, bassist and I back up all these different people. It is a great challenge to try all these different cultures,and learn the material in one day. I keep my parts very simple to hold everything together.

The ethnic musicians love the v-drums. Part of this is because they can hear themselves much better than with a real kit. It is hard to mix a real kit with tabla unless you are in a big room with good sound. I have found that I can get a great band mix anywhere with v drums. I think we will see more of them in the future.

Peter

Comment

That was cool! The groove was great, and some nice playing too...
                  My Kit
                  http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1257067362

Comment

Fun to watch, and the Vs sound great with this collection of musicians. Thanks for sharing!
                    >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Nice groove Peter. Don't you just love the different stuff you can get into with V-drums? I loved the energy in the room-a total reflection of the performance.

Comment

hey Peter it sounded very good to me, great music (i like ethnic) fantastic energy in the room and your Greek guitarist rocks !!! funny i think i know him...ask him if he knows me pls
                        Ex E-kits:
                        ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
                        ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
                        current E-kit
                        ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
                        " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

Anistasi lives here in Northern CA. He is a wonderful guitar player! What is your name? I'll ask him if he knows you.
                          Thanks,and I am glad you liked the music.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter W View Post
                            Anistasi lives here in Northern CA. He is a wonderful guitar player! What is your name? I'll ask him if he knows you.
                            Thanks,and I am glad you liked the music.

Peter
                            if he lives in CA for years then maybe it's my mistake
                            Anyway tell him ''ise foveros kitharistas'' and he will understand.My name is Hampis it's my real name
                            Ex E-kits:
                            ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
                            ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
                            current E-kit
                            ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
                            " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

Working...
                            X