This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RandyD View Post

Thanks. I think the original K10s or K12s had some small fans installed, at least I can see them on the pictures. That's cool.
    RandyD, I STAND CORRECTED! I just looked at the specs online and there IS a “low-noise, variable speed fan”. I have never noticed mine kicking on, but maybe I haven’t punched it hard enough to need the fan.
    :D I just love to play drums!!!:D

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumnDad View Post

RandyD, I STAND CORRECTED! I just looked at the specs online and there IS a “low-noise, variable speed fan”. I have never noticed mine kicking on, but maybe I haven’t punched it hard enough to need the fan.
      I see, thanks. I looked at some pictures on the web and it looked like the fan is not installed in K10.2s or K12.2s anymore....but if spec says there is one, low-noise, variable-speed...then I guess it is still there...not a big deal, of course.
      My e-kit, photos and details

Comment

• has anyone tried rockville powered pa speakers / subwoofer?
        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

• Hi guys...I know, I know...usually it's called G.A.S. but I call it A.C.U.I.O.T.S.U.T.D.A.I.M.O.E. (short for "Absolutely-Critical-Upgrade-In-Order-To-Stay-Up-To-Date-And-Improve-My-Overall-Experience"). And what I did? I recently upgraded the loudspeakers from a pair of passive Yorkville YX10 to a pair of powered EV ELX200-10P. And they rock! And they shake the house! And they make my ceiling air ducks rattle! (But only if I want them to) Anyway...for me, it is a substantial sound upgrade. Old loudspeakers were not that bad (until one of the compression drivers stopped working and even the compression chamber got disconnected from the horn and fell off; I could see through the horn into the cabinet), but these new ones give me much fuller sound and much better sound clarity (not to mention higher SPL). I tried all the modes that DSP offers - MUSIC, LIVE, SPEECH and CLUB and MUSIC worked for me the best, better than LIVE. Pics are in this post.
          Last edited by RandyD; 11-22-17, 11:19 PM.
          My e-kit, photos and details

Comment

• Congrats with the purchase! Glad you're enjoying the new toys!
            'lectric drumma
            Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

• so, did you allknow that the simmons da350 is basically a harbinger m350? check it out.

http://harbingerproaudio.com/product...tem-subwoofer/

amazingly similar

http://simmonsdrums.net/product/da35...onitor-system/

funny but you can get the harbinger for 100 less lol

knowing this, I went for this on a black friday sale for 399

http://harbingerproaudio.com/product...al-line-array/

for onstage monitoring it worked out nicely.

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
                has anyone tried rockville powered pa speakers / subwoofer?
                Hey buddy, haven't tried the PA or subs but my old guitar player has 3 of the stand alone powered monitors. They are beasts! One went bad on him right out of the gate but no problems since.

K
                My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

• I just received a mailing from GC and from now until December 20 they have the Simmons DA200S on sale for $249. That's the lowest I've seen this particular amp in a long time.
                  Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

Working...
                  X