Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Video] Vdrums live at church - 2 songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Video] Vdrums live at church - 2 songs

Here are 2 videos that I think came out fairly well from this past weekend's 10:45 service at our church.

http://vimeo.com/2286526
    "All Because of Jesus" - This is a Steve Fee cover that we did. I'm actually playing to a click track, but you can't hear it at all in the mix (sigh). But at least it helped to stay in time

http://vimeo.com/2287283
    "Our God Saves" - A Paul Baloche tune. A medium tempo, anthemic praise kind of song.

I did a quick mastering of the original soundboard mp3 recording in Ableton Live using the PSP Vintage Warmer plug-in. Helped liven it up a bit, but unfortunately the mix of the original recording was kind of lacking in kick & snare and the vocals were extremely dominant (as they always are)

Thanks for checkin' it out...

Gear: TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Love it tho! We do the Baloche tune, as well.

Nice sound

Comment

You got good chops dude. UCF tenors huh. I marched for Alabama and still play for my church. We do a lot of United and crowder stuff. The drums sound fantastic in your clips.

Comment

Originally posted by jjdrumz View Post
        You got good chops dude. UCF tenors huh. I marched for Alabama and still play for my church. We do a lot of United and crowder stuff. The drums sound fantastic in your clips.
        Thanks! And Roll Tide!!! My entire family are huge Alabama fans. My dad went there and most of my aunts & uncles on his side have, also. Needless to say he's on cloud nine this season.

I had a great time marching at UCF even though it's not a big football school with any type of hype or heritage. We had a good number of drum corps guys in the line when I marched. Some from Magic of Orlando and some from Madison Scouts. The prof. of percussion, Jeff Moore, was the Scouts caption head at the time. We played some pretty cool notes.

Yeah, we do some United songs and I think we've done 2 David Crowder songs in recent memory. I guess we do a pretty good mix of stuff, typically. Obviously Chris Tomlin songs are on heavy rotation as with most contemporary praise & worship bands.

Gear: TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Comment

Nice lively tunes! Your band definitely rocks, and you along with it! Hey, don't complain about where you are in the mix. At my church, they mix the drums much lower - much to my, the other drummer's and about half of the audience's chagrin.

Comment

Very nice!!. Keep baking!

------------------------------------------------
            Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

Very very cool Chris

If you feel like adding some of these clips to my www.indiemusicclips.com site, that would be AWESOME! I'd love to see more like this there.

Comment

Awesome man!
                wish I was playing acoustics at church.

Pat
                Rolland TD-20,V-Session, Rolland KC-550 amp, ROCK-n-SOCK,Westone UM-2 IEM's, Presonus Fire Studio, ZOOM HD-16, Cubase Le4, DW Pacific 5-piece acoustics, Zildjian A Customs all around.

Comment

Yeah, I wish the whole kit was acoustic. But hopefully we'll get here.

Comment

Working...
                  X