Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IEMs... I think I found em...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IEMs... I think I found em...

I recently bought a wireless IEM system...and needed some earbuds.

Every recent review I've seen for these (not to mention the rather nice price) has pushed me in the direction of:

The FreQ Music Maker.

Sounds like an all around good gigging IEM...that will help you keep from going deaf!

I'll be visiting the audiologist here shortly to get the custom mollds made...

E

here's a good source of unbiased reviews for this sort of stuff, such as IEM's, headphones etc etc...
    Last edited by evil1rox; 07-08-08, 02:22 PM. Reason: forgot other link
    - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

I personally like CNET, I always check with them before buying electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by Canerican View Post
      I personally like CNET, I always check with them before buying electronics.
      I like CNET too...but I haven't used them a lot in recent memory.

Do they do "audio type" reviews? I didn't even think to look at them for IEMs!

E
      - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I´m searching for something in that way right now.
        2Box DrumIt Five, TDW-20BK , additional Kit Toys & Roland cymbals, 2Box, Pearl and Sonor pedals

Comment

The price seems good. Get a pair and let us know.
          sigpic

Comment

I got some Westone CR-1's for my motorcycle and frequent airtravel use. They sound great.

I tried them on the TD-20, but nothing beats the Bose headset for bottom end. Darn things will vibrate off my head if I am not careful
            TDW-20s Black Firmware 2.51: 3 extra CY12's, DW 9002's, SPD-S, PM-30, Mackie 802-VLZ3, Laptop, AudioKontrol 1, CueBase 4, Addictive Drums, Superior 2.0
            VEX kits: Master Picks 1&2, Top 50 1&2, Exotics1, Professor Pack
            Acoustics in storage: Eames Finetone shells, Gretsch diecast hoops 8,10,12,14,16,22. '66 Slingerland snare. Tama 'hardware, lots of Zildjians.

Comment

I use E2's and they seem to work fine for me.
              Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by fhaze View Post
                I got some Westone CR-1's for my motorcycle and frequent airtravel use. They sound great.

I tried them on the TD-20, but nothing beats the Bose headset for bottom end. Darn things will vibrate off my head if I am not careful
                Westone is an EXCELLENT choice... I'm going to try the FreQ's though..see how they go...

If they sound good they're about half the cost of a comparable Westone model.

E

Comment

2Box DrumIt Five, TDW-20BK , additional Kit Toys & Roland cymbals, 2Box, Pearl and Sonor pedals

Comment

Originally posted by rythm View Post
                    Anyone who have tried Bose In-Ears or AKG´s. I´m looking for the best budget buy without custom molds.
                    Click the second link in my original post...forum similar to Vdrums..but only dedicated to high end earbud, headphones etc etc.

They've got a recommendation for just about every price point. I think Livewires and Ultimate Ears are mentioned as some of the best for under $150...but check it out yourself!

E

Comment

Originally posted by evil1rox View Post
                      Click the second link in my original post...forum similar to Vdrums..but only dedicated to high end earbud, headphones etc etc.

They've got a recommendation for just about every price point. I think Livewires and Ultimate Ears are mentioned as some of the best for under $150...but check it out yourself!

E

Comment

After some lurking I think my choice will be AKG K324 or Sennheiser CX 95.

Comment

Originally posted by evil1rox View Post
                          I like CNET too...but I haven't used them a lot in recent memory.

Do they do "audio type" reviews? I didn't even think to look at them for IEMs!

E
                          Sorry for the reallllly late reply, but in case anyone was wondering they do, but very few electronic instruments...

Comment

Best Reliable IEM's

In my personal opinion, I think the Shure E4's powered with the P4HW Wired Bodypack is the perfect setup. I have been using this package for the past four years without faults and a Colosseum sound (comp/limit -15) gives plenty of headroom and zero distortion(no crappin' out kick) I totally enjoy the sound of my performance using Shure IEM's and carry a spare set of E3's also. I highly recommend Shure. There's no such thing as cutting costs when it comes to your monitors during live pperformances.
                            1984-present live performing drummer
                            sigpicPearl ELX fusion kit, DIY int. Roland cones, HART KS heads, Roland TD8, CY5, CY8's, CY12, FD8, Iron Cobra DBLB, Gibraltar rack, Shure E4 IEM,
                            "DRIVER" www.driverband.net

Comment

Shure E2s work well for me. I have trouble with IEMs just because I like to hear what the house is hearing. I feel disconnected from the energy when I use them. However, on bigger gigs or live recordings I'll use 'em.

Comment

Working...
                              X