Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my new Snare and Ride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new Snare and Ride!

EDIT: sorry I wasn't paying attention to what section i was in

I have been busy with my TD-3 recently. I bought myself a CY-12R/C and a Hart Pro Snare to add to my otherwise modest kit.

Have fun with the pics!
    Attached Files

That snare looks sweet
    Could this be the beginnings of GAS?

Comment

Great kit!

Those hart snares look fab and the CY12 r/c has such a nice natural feel with swing action and weight, the TD3 has great sounds, i'm often still in awe to the technology and u have a nice room there, heater, window? perfect

Nice pics and it's great to treat yourself with some tasty bits for your fave hobby.
      Last edited by daveybabes; 06-20-08, 03:53 AM.
      WEBSITE - http://www.diamondelectronicdrums.com/
      YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbVB...?feature=guide
      FACEBOOK me at ... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...83235555050736
      :eek: ...
      Showcase 1 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=253
      Showcase 2 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=354

Comment

Very nice and thanks for sharing. Oftentimes, because of some of the nutcases in this place (meant in the best possible way mind you), we focus on drum kits that only multi-armed Hindu goddesses could hope to play (I'm too nice to name any names of people like that here, Jman/Michael Render, but y'all know who you are) and forget that most people have modest kits and do just fine with them.

Next purchase, get a Hart Accupad kick. The 8" version is hugely affordable and you'll love not kicking a friggin' rubber pad.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
        TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

I have always loved the look of those Hart snares.

And don't listen to grog as he blasphemes. Kali, destroyer of worlds and player of Mondors, will have her vengence.
          sigpic

Comment

Ah, the Hart Pro snare...it is so good it would force Kali to remainfest as Vishnu and forgive grog. Wait a minute...don't listen to that hippie on the Accupad kick. Get the Hart Pro kick to go with your Pro snare!
            Last edited by Fullback32; 06-20-08, 09:05 AM.
            Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
            "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

For my next purchase, I'm actually torn between a few different things. I'm not sure if I want to get the kick, hat, or start on the toms. But eventually I do want to have a kit that is 100% Hart Pro drums with Roland crashes hats and ride and Kit Toys splash and china. With a TD-12.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceroid View Post
                For my next purchase, I'm actually torn between a few different things. I'm not sure if I want to get the kick, hat, or start on the toms. But eventually I do want to have a kit that is 100% Hart Pro drums with Roland crashes hats and ride and Kit Toys splash and china. With a TD-12.
                ...and then it will be.. "Maybe I can add an electric cowbell...oh and I need a second hihat...for symetry of course.. and then you'll just have to get the cy15, and the td20, and the tdw20...."

You don't understand the power of the darkside... (welcome to the club!!!)

E
                - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Sigh. All this clutter in people's lives.

As vdrums only Taoist, lemme tellya that less is better. If you have 4 toms, setup with 3 sometime and see how it works. Got 3 crashes? Get rid of one and see if anybody notices.

Don't let these bejeweled, bizarre and sadly delusional people lead you astray with monster kits that only lead to more sex, drugs and rock and roll. Stripping away those layers will get you closer to being at one with the universe.....and setup and transport get a little bit easier.

Finally, I still think getting a kick next is you're best bet. FB's suggestion on the full blown Hart Pro is sound but possibly overkill if you don't need it, hence my initial suggestion on the Accupad.

TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Bah humbug on minimalist kits!!!! What's that all about?!!! Be inspired by people like Terry Bozzio

Comment

Originally posted by grog View Post
                      Sigh. All this clutter in people's lives.

As vdrums only Taoist, lemme tellya that less is better. If you have 4 toms, setup with 3 sometime and see how it works. Got 3 crashes? Get rid of one and see if anybody notices.

Don't let these bejeweled, bizarre and sadly delusional people lead you astray with monster kits that only lead to more sex, drugs and rock and roll. Stripping away those layers will get you closer to being at one with the universe.....and setup and transport get a little bit easier.

Finally, I still think getting a kick next is you're best bet. FB's suggestion on the full blown Hart Pro is sound but possibly overkill if you don't need it, hence my initial suggestion on the Accupad.

Overkill? Whatever do you mean? TWO chinas is mandatory along with the four crashes, one splash, ride...no LESS than four toms, percussion set...whew! Minimalist...bah! You speak heresy. The hammer of the gods will be upon you! And I ain't talking no Krishna.....ODIN!!!!!!!
                      Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
                      "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

By the time youve set this lot up the gig would be over.

Some of the best drummers Ive seen used a 4 drum kit and they would make it sing.

Comment

I agree completely. It always amazes me to see people on a 3 piece kit. Pretty much the bare minimum but it becomes so dynamic when its all there is.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
                            By the time youve set this lot up the gig would be over.
                            When you're not interested in little pub shows, it doesn't matter. You have drum techs and roadies to help out
                            Some of the best drummers Ive seen used a 4 drum kit and they would make it sing.
                            Absolutely. The same drummer can also make a really big kit sing too.

....also, on e-drums, you don't get the same variation from a single drum so more instruments are needed for the same variety of textures.

Comment

Working...
                            X