Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using drum samples live through MIDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using drum samples live through MIDI

Does anyone do this? Yes I searched... there is no thread for this yet

Two questions to start.

1. I'm thinking about the viability of taking my Edrums on the road with me... and using DFHS 2.0 for sounds. Would i really have to lug around my PC + monitor everywhere? ouch. Is there a better solution? Setup would be hart pads + ecymbals through Alesis I/o and the firewire interface below running sonar with DFHS 2.0

2. Right now i have this interface: http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOFW410 There is 8 outs. Does that mean I can route 8 different instruments to the FOH? (toms, cymbals, bass, snare, etc)...

Search again. There is an entire section called "VST and Sample Libraries"

1. You would either need a computer or something like the Receptor. Laptops are nicely portable.

2. Yep, you can route 8 different instruments, depending on your software. I know BFD can do it. I don't know DFHS, but I suspect it can too.
    sigpic

Comment

Ah i didn't search that forum, figured the one stage one was appropriate

Thanks

Comment

spds

i use the roland spds,it allows u to play the pads as a seperate kit (with additional bass pedal AND ALSO TO TRIGGER SAMPLES/backing tracks etc live as well.

definitely worth a look

Comment

Working...
        X