Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best way to connect to JBL`S and sub woofer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to connect to JBL`S and sub woofer

Hi ,Anyone got any idea on the best way to wire up a JBL g2 and a carlsbro sub, is it better to go from your TD12 to the gamma input, then from the gamma output to the G2 input ?

or, TD12 to G2 input, then from the G2 output to the gamma, we were out the other night and wired them up like the later and it seemed fine but thought i`d just ask the ? , there seems to be more than one way to wire em up.
    Last edited by buckshot; 05-22-08, 03:08 PM. Reason: spelling incorrect
    :D

www.inthemood.org.uk

I don't know about the Carlsbro sub - but assuming it's powered . . . . it could be very similar to my setup!

I have TD20, pair of JBL EON G2s and a JBL Sub (G1 I think!) - used as monitor, and for band to hear (i.e. not FOH).

TD20 - Headphone out (I use the directs and masters out to the desk) to DI box - Jack to Jack (not necessary though for short distances <10m)

DI box xlr out to Left G2 xlr in.

Left G2 xlr out to sub xlr in.

Sub xlr out to Right G2 xlr in.

I've attached a simple pic . . .

Use headphone volume control to control the backline drum volume. I've gigged probably about 200 gigs with this setup: no problems.

Give me a shout if you need any more info.

Hope this makes sense.
    Attached Files
    Andy
    TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
    X