Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some of my live playing with a TD-20 kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of my live playing with a TD-20 kit

These are all soundboard recordings from my church (www.churchatviera.com) that I play drums for.

The kit is a pieced together V-drum kit run through a TD-20 module, sending individual outputs to the board.

Just thought there might be some people interested in hearing some church songs. We do more contemporary praise & worship (Hillsong, Chris Tomlin, etc)

"Lead Me To The Cross" (Hillsong United cover) - http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6499861

"I Know Who I Am" (Israel & New Breed cover) - http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6499874

"Joy To The World" (from our 2007 Christmas program) - http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6459928

The main soundclick page is http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=825979
    Last edited by bakerboy; 04-29-08, 08:55 PM.

Gear: TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Very Good! Sounds Great! Love The Songs!
    As the Wise Ole' drummer says... !:cool:

Comment

I Wish My Sound Guy Would Mix This Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphieboy View Post
        I Wish My Sound Guy Would Mix This Good!
        Thanks! Yeah, the sound guy and I are constantly trying to tweak the mix and improve it. He's very proactive in that way. He records our worship time each week and then will upload it to a podcast site and we'll give feedback.

Do you play for a church?

Gear: TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Comment

Sounds good bakerboy! Thank you for sharing your talent!
          Alan
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

My pleasure. I can't believe I didn't know about this forum until a few months ago. What an invaluable resource!! I've been bitten by the bug to convert my acoustic kit (an older Pearl Master Custom 5-pc) into an mesh head triggered kit all because of this forum. I'll actually get to practice in my house! (what a novel concept)

Some other live recordings with the V-drum kit:

"Simple Things" - http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6460035
            Used the FxJungle kit with some tweaks to do my best attempt at mimicking a drum loop sound throughout much of it. It's kind of low in the mix, though.

Band improv/jam before a service - http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6459971
            This was with the Studio kit (I believe) that I used for our 2007 Christmas production also

Comment

Originally posted by bakerboy View Post
              Thanks! Yeah, the sound guy and I are constantly trying to tweak the mix and improve it. He's very proactive in that way. He records our worship time each week and then will upload it to a podcast site and we'll give feedback.

Do you play for a church?
              Yes I do play for a church... Capital City Christian Church in Frankfort Kentucky. www.capitalcitychristian.org (my wife did their web site) I started to help them play when they lost their drummer right after purchasing a new TD-8, back a few years ago.
              Let me tell you... I loved it! (it was 36 years time since playing a set of drums!)
              But now we are drummer heavy... (they came out of nowhere) LOL
              So now I sit back and let the younger ones play, they are much more talented than I am. So I play fill ins or congas when needed etc.
              I play regular at a dance hall called Country Place Jamboree every Saturday night. www.countryplacejamboree.com (my picture is with an old Alesis set that belonged to the house) I now use a brand spanking new TD-12... and I am working on getting the sound guy to pay attention to my sound!
              YOu and your whole band sounded TERRIFIC. Keep playing... you guys are good!
              Ralph

Comment

Bakerboy,

what kind of mixing board does your church use? I just bought a TD-20 setup and found that our board does not have enough empty inputs. I'm pushing them to upgrade to a new expanded board but for now I have to run through a roland keybaord amp.

nativepdx
                TD-20, serious Sabian HHX issues, Zildjian A20526, VEX expressions master picks #1, QSC HPR122I

Comment

nativepdx - I'll find out for you. Not sure off the top of my head. I know it's a Yamaha and it's about 1-2 years old.

Comment

Here's a board recording of the Jars of Clay song "Love Song For a Savior" that we did last weekend. It was a skeleton crew of only acoustic guitar, piano, bass, and drums. This wasn't the best performance of it (several guitar flubs; a bit disjointed in parts)...but whatever.

"Love Song For A Savior" - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=6527262

nativepdx - Our mixer is a Yamaha M7CL

Comment

I love me some Jars of Clay!
                      TD-6V Module, 3 PD-8s (soon to be 4), 2 CY-8s (soon to be 3), 1 CY-5, KD-8 with double Left footed Pearl Eliminators, FD-8 HH control.

Comment

Great playing bro !!!! Not my cup music wise but good solid playing !!! E
                        Eric G: Pearl,Paiste,Remo,Vic Firth,Gibraltar,Roc-n-Soc,Roland TD-6V, Lots of Vex and mesh all around.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm playing this coming weekend, so I'll see how the board recording turns out and may post another song or 2.

Comment

You a fan of Neil Morse at all?
                            Music is not my passion, it's my obsession...
                            www.oblyvion.com
                            Facebook:[Scych]
                            You Tube Scychful
                            Twitter:@Raakinn

Comment

Never heard of him, no.

Comment

Working...
                              X