Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Such Thing as a Bad Gig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Such Thing as a Bad Gig

I had an early gig today. I played at the Ohio Clown College graduation show/

I had Mario and the guys at Alternate Mode send me a MalletKat Pro to play with. I used a Receptor to make most of the noises. And, of course, I have a FART noise.

sigpic

Michael, are you sure you haven't just slipped into an alternative reality world?

Ohio Clown College graduates??? (I will resist temptation.....)

Please tell me that as you played, the equipment fell apart, and you had old-style squeaky car hooters on your feet!

Comment

Hey, Render, did they teach you how to load the Mondor into a tiny, tiny car along with 10 of your closest friends?
      >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

You had us fooled there, Michael. After looking again at that top left picture you posted I realised you were really at the V-drum Moderator's Annual Away-day Meeting. Bunch of Clowns!

Comment

Has that clown got your power jewel on his nose?

Comment

Ohio Clown College graduation show?
            Actually, that sounds like fun!

Comment

OOOOH! A Malletkat pro! Cool piece of equipment! I hope to own one before the end of days......do I have to go to clown school?

Comment

Yes.

Or not.

Comment

Originally posted by drumslinger50 View Post
                  OOOOH! A Malletkat pro! Cool piece of equipment! I hope to own one before the end of days......do I have to go to clown school?
                  The most amazing thing is that they are now made from aluminum. I already had an older expander and it weighs as much as the whole 3 octave deal.

And I think you do have to go to some sort of clown school before you get one.
                  sigpic

Comment

'Dem clowns is creepy..........

Looks like a fun gig!

Comment

Careful... gigs like that make you start looking at things differently...for instance:

If your shoes/nose starts sqeaking it could be a sign your tiny little car is running out of whoopie cushion power.

Make sure you get the elephant and all 38 other people out of the car, pull out your never ending hankerchief and wait for the pie face before driving any further. If that doesn't get you moving, take a nice big whiff of the flower on your buddies lapel.

-you should be ok after that...

E
                      - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

-as long as it isnt his secret supply of Vodka!

Comment

Does that mean I shouldn't drive to gigs in this?
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh no, that looks perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                              Does that mean I shouldn't drive to gigs in this?
                              On the contrary...

I'm sure in that pic you also had the entire Mondor, every piece of Alternate Mode gear you own, Mrs Render, your entire extended family, random hitch hikers, Tom Knipe...and I'm probably in there without my knowledge.

-can you point me towards the dealship? I have a Bazillion Samolians that I would like to invest in their company.

E
                              - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X