Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aD5 - Midas M32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aD5 - Midas M32

If you are using a aD5 live to FOH how are you getting around not having direct outs. The sound guy and I agree the sounds are great from the module however, not having direct out to separate snare from bass drum, toms, cymbals seems to be a hang up. We are using a crossover to send to the subs, but sound guy is still feeling limited if he wants to bump something up in a song. Such a bummer not having at least 4 direct outs.

The EFNOTE will fit the bill for you.
    Pearl Mimic Pro, eDRUMin 10, ATV aDrums, DIY Conversion kit, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Tell the sound guy to treat it like it's program material. If you're playing to tracks (or playing break music), you're not receiving individual tracks -- you just get a stereo mix, and lo and behold it sounds absolutely fine in the mix.

IMO, for 90% of gigs, direct outs are unnecessary and just the sound man wanting to feel useful
      https://www.instagram.com/bpaluzzi/

ad5 // eDRUMin // SPD-SX // DTXMulti12 // EAD10 // TM-6 // TM-1 // RT-Mics // SPD-One

Comment

At the last show i had a good professional soundman and a M32 desk, he asked me to make the cymbals a little quiter and softer, and he has more possibilities to push the whole kit, works good :-)) (Roland TD-15, Stereo Out)
        2Box Drumit5 Mk2, Roland Td-15, PDP M5 Drum-Kit konverted, Gretch 12ยด Snare, Drum-Dok Trigger Bars, Yamaha & Roland Cymb., VH-11, 2xPDX-100,1xATV xD-P13M, 2x ESS AMT Monitor Speakers (Rehersal-Studio, 2x JBL Eon 615 (for live on Stage:)

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
          The EFNOTE will fit the bill for you.
          Then you must be able to miss the sounds of the AD5, these are certainly not the same as those of the EFnote.

Comment

Working...
          X