help with connecting to PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with connecting to PA

I am a drummer not a tech geek. However, I would like to know how to go about hooking my TD11 to a PA. Our PA is a Fender Passport Event. I have a Simmons DA200S amp that has two outputs on the back that are XLR and labeled Line Out. One is left and one right. Then under those are two that are 1/4" cable jacks. They are labeled left & right extension speakers. I have no idea which to use and how. Also, you know how on the drum control module, you can set every drum and cymbal for left, right, or center? Well, I'd like that to work also. So when you're in the audience, certain drums are coming through left or right PA speakers. So, on the module, there are L & R outs. What do I do with those? Right now I use only one. The one labeled left/mono during practice. I have played gigs but used only the amp. I have not run through a PA. But now that we are getting bigger venues, I need to know how to do this. I'd like to still use the amp and set it where I can hear it. But then run the amp to the PA and have Left and Right work properly. Now if someone replies to this, please put it in easy to understand terms for my non-techno brain. Thanks.
    Last edited by Banjo bud; 09-11-20, 07:46 PM.

If you wanna go stereo (I never do - means the audience gets weird imaging depending where they stand - even DJs in huge clubs DJ in mono) - AND assuming you wanna use the Simmons as a person stage monitor - then it's not the science of rocket.

module --> left out --> Simmons left in --> Left XLR out --> PA channel 1 in --> pan that channel hard left,.
    module --> right out --> Simmons right in --> Right XLR out --> PA channel 2 in --> pan that channel hard right,.

Done.

as for "Also, you know how on the drum control module, you can set every drum and cymbal for left, right, or center? " it's in the manual

Good luck with your gigs
    Last edited by electrodrummer; 09-12-20, 02:26 PM.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

That helps a ton. So if I don’t want stereo:
      module—->mono out—>Simmons—>mono in, then what?
      left XLR out—>PA channel 1 in
      right XLR out—>PA channel 2 in
      then set both PA 1 & 2 to pan center?

Comment

Originally posted by Banjo bud View Post
        That helps a ton. So if I don’t want stereo:
        module—->mono out—>Simmons—>mono in, then what?
        left XLR out—>PA channel 1 in
        right XLR out—>PA channel 2 in
        then set both PA 1 & 2 to pan center?

module --> mono out (labelled L/MONO) --> Simmons mono in (prob labelled L/MONO as well) --> left XLR --> PA 1 -->panned centre.

Done.
        Last edited by electrodrummer; 09-12-20, 04:41 PM.
        *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Ok thank you electrodrummer. I really appreciate it.

Comment

The guys in my band say that even though I can connect to the PA in this manner, it won’t work because the PA doesn’t have a sub woofer. So I’m wondering If the sub woofer that the Simmons has is enough. It will be next to me as a monitor. Thoughts?

Comment

It won't work is a big sentence. It will work, but you won't have much low end. Sounds like the guys in your band want you to buy a sub!
              DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
              Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Working...
              X