Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sending low frequencies to sub and mids and highs to mains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cobaltdrive View Post
    Of course! That seems so obvious once you say it, Peter. Just hooked it up and works great. But is it me or is there less bass now that I’m going from one input to the sub vs two? Only had a minute to check it out tonight so I may have been mistaken.
    If you're pulling mono out of a stereo mix, make sure the signal is actually summed into mono, or you'll only be pulling a single L or R channel instead of L+R combined. Otherwise you should aim to take 2 TRS cables back out of the mixer and into the sub if possible, to keep the signal hot.

If I had two mains and a sub though I'd do everything to run those in stereo just for the wow factor.
    ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
    Community Drum Module Document
    PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post

If you're pulling mono out of a stereo mix, make sure the signal is actually summed into mono, or you'll only be pulling a single L or R channel instead of L+R combined. Otherwise you should aim to take 2 TRS cables back out of the mixer and into the sub if possible, to keep the signal hot.

If I had two mains and a sub though I'd do everything to run those in stereo just for the wow factor.
      I assume that he is using an aux send on each channel to a main aux send.

Comment

I set the sub for 100 hz but for the life of me can't figure out how to set the cp8's. It looks like the factory sets them to 80 hz with no option for 100 hz on their literature.

Comment

I set the sub for 100 hz but for the life of me can't figure out how to set the cp8's. It looks like the factory sets them to 80 hz with no option for 100 hz on their literature.
          It looks like it is a fixed crossover frequency. The K series is adjustable.

Comment

Ok, so I guess I should reset the sub for 80

Comment

Ok, so I guess I should reset the sub for 80
              Try 80 but the speakers may roll off towards 80 and sound better with the sub at 100. If it sounds muddy at 100 then switch to 80. It will sound different in every room as well. If you ever use a digital mixer you can Eq each send.

Comment

Working...
              X