Can TD-9 Send Discret Outputs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can TD-9 Send Discret Outputs?

Pardon my ignorance, I want to be able to send individual drum/cymbal/etc outputs to a digital mixer for live performance. Can that be done with the TD-9 via USB or MIDI or ?. Or..do I need to upgrade the control module to to something like a TD-30? Thanks in advance. I'm looking for an economical solution.

TD-9? Nope.

Just go in mono. That's all I've ever done over 30 years...
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Thanks. Our sound tech really likes the idea of being able to have control over the house kit mix. Perhaps we can find a used TD-20 or similar with multiple outputs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayz View Post
        Thanks. Our sound tech really likes the idea of being able to have control over the house kit mix. Perhaps we can find a used TD-20 or similar with multiple outputs.
        He sounds like a control freak

Good luck with your search.
        *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

I used to set up kits with the kick on 1 side and everything else on the other. That would be very helpful so the sound tech can EQ the kick to the room. Otherwise,a new module would be the answer.

Comment

Thanks. Is the Roland TD-20 the least expensive means to achieve discreet outputs?

Comment

The td12 has multi outs as well and would be cheaper. I would be worried about getting these modules 2nd hand now as we do seem to get a lot of reports on them going faulty. Saying that it is usually the display so if you see one and the display is clear and no gaps or fading then you will probably be ok. You do need to check all the buttons and faders etc though as these can go as well. My td20 which I passed to my son had the display problem after a few years but I managed to repair it with a guide on here.
              Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Working...
              X