Which stick holder do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which stick holder do you use?

Iím in need of a stick holder for on stage when I drop a stick. I have a TD 11 KV kit. The frame legs are 1.5Ē in diameter. Iíve looked at a few holders but the way they clamp wonít open far enough to put it on the frame leg where Iíd like. The ones Iíve seen are made to clamp to a cymbal stand, which is smaller but I donít want it there. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Tama Powerpad stick bag... $15 and holds just enough to keep me happy without being too obtuse. You can hang it off the pad lug bolts instead of the rail if youíre okay with a more conventional bag setup.
    Roland TD-30 & TM-6 Modules | Superior Drummer 3 on PC | Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive Maple A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | ATV aD Cymbals | Axis Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | Focusrite Clarett 4Pre | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & MEE MX4 PRO IEMs

Comment

Well, I also have one of those Tama bags. I like it.

But, since I have a tendency to DIY, here's a couple thoughts made mostly in jest:

Considered and rejected: Spare holster for a 1911 - good angle built in, but doesn't hold enough sticks. And I only have right handed holsters, so that limits placement
      Considered and rejected: Half gallon milk jug with top cut wide. Works, but its looks will surely bring scorn, laughter, and pointing fingers. No matter how you paint it, it's a milk jug.

Further exploration merited: Empty pringles can, cover in whatever color duct tape or paint you like. If you don't like the cardboard Pringles can, try Lays Stax. Similar shape and size, blue plastic.

Hang it from the lug bolts as rdubu mentions using some elastic cord threaded through holes punched on the side. I got some of that stretch cord at Hobby Lobby to restring my Audio-Technica microphone shock mounts when the original cord gave up the stretchy.

Frame leg 1.5" diameter. Hmm. Perhaps I'll visit the Home Depot plumbing and electrical area. They have lots of pipe and conduit in that size range, and those pipes gonna need clamps...

Now, some folks put a lot more stock in aesthetics than I. But, gotta give the people what they want! Once the Pringles can is obtained, we can "Knock it up a notch!". Break out the spice weasel, er, sorry, colored markers and decorate like a tiny drum. Or put that color printer to use making a custom "wrap" for your stick holder. Bam!

Ok, that does it. I'm off to create a fabulous wrap for my Pringles stick holder. Scissors and a glue stick should be sufficient for the prototype. I'll try to post a picture in the next day or so showing what I come up with. Too much time on my hands?

Safe travels!

Edit: here's what I did while watching Rick & Morty:
      b0OoajsXzrRzvs_juqvXzborufsr9V3NBK-u_Z_vgEEDKYjpsvhcVX-gDWRLxn28JnkfNDLNSg2e4v7NayGzMRipatzrIDTl_YuS4fK_moILXXdNRz1ghvZdIyXsoIYm0oeTzjUlFstuVYbXeacQC4dp5eWzPbA56IS1kchR2plkoriDHsDWXDCFjwVVpwjkVdWCiYzhr5aaCybDX0k5vtc0IZ3feoA3uz85iUmbiqmBTTKX6DNgzpq_oEnJdNp
      Last edited by Vicegrips; 07-31-19, 10:11 PM. Reason: add the picture

Comment

I have two On-Stage DA100 holders, one I clamp to the rack near my hihat and the other I clamp to my drum throne
        Dual Alesis Module Drum Set (DM10+DM8+Trigger iO), Dual Layer Tennis Ball Drum Riser
        Shure SE215 IEM's, Simmons DA50 Amp, Alto Professional ZMX862 Mixer, Tama SpeedCobra Pedals, Vic Firth 7AN Sticks, Roc-N-Soc Original Throne

Comment

Live, a bag wrapped on a floor tom. In studio, one of those clamp-on dual tube thingies.
          Alan
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Vater stick holder

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...SAAEgKJAfD_BwE
            Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

ones that fit on a rack leg.. are the clamp type ones..https://images.reverb.com/image/uplo...nr4svacoaq.jpg
              i have a dixon one (when dixon still made good stuff) with a very strong spring .. pro mark makes a couple of those types ..
              i should think that would be good, but i don't know .. or diy something on an empty 1.5" rack clamp that you slide on a rack leg..
              | Diy Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Few old bits of tube:

mftchxvuteo9s5xzh2kc.jpg
                *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
                Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Thanks guys. I like the Tama one but not sure where Iíd hang it since there are no head screws that stand up. I finally DIYíd one out of 1-1/4Ē PVC and zip tied it to the right side end leg. Painted it black. Holds 2 pair. Thatís all I need.

Comment

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
                    i have that same vater stick holder,it works good. You can also make one out of a pringles can.

Comment

I use one of these. I like that it's got a rigid opening, but the bag itself is soft. So I don't struggle to get sticks in and out, but they don't make a "clang" like they would in a metal or plastic cup.

https://meinlcymbals.com/index.php?i...3b840b094ed3fa

Oh... I may have had to pay a visit to the hardware store for some longer bolts in order to clamp it around the 1.5" tubing of my kit.
                      Last edited by vttom; 08-13-19, 09:19 AM.
                      Kit: Roland TD-25K

Comment

Working...
                      X