Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V drums in concerts with battery packs instead of mains power

Hi,

I am not sure whether this has ever been discussed but I was wondering whether anyone had any experience of using v-drums (mine is a roland TD20) in a concert/gig environment where there is no mains power. Is it possible to use battery packs instead? Do they come with amps/speakers etc..

The reason I am asking is that I play in a brass band and we do several park jobs during the summer and it would beneficial to use the same kit as I practice on at home. However, there isn't usually main power in the middle of parks/garden fetes etc...

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can offer.

Al

Just a thought:
    Try a small portable - https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect...enerators.html
    Really extreme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE2V8Mva9Hc

You can get them cheaper elsewhere.
    Last edited by Six; 08-20-18, 12:59 PM.

Comment

You could use a car battery and an inverter. And, no, amps and speakers are not included in the standard kits - but maybe in some dealer's offers (but will be unsuitable for outside use!)
      *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
      Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

warning: if you use a generator use a good spike protector / conditioner. ive seen two marshall tube amps get toasted running on a generator. one of them was mine.
        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post

warning: if you use a generator use a good spike protector / conditioner. ive seen two marshall tube amps get toasted running on a generator. one of them was mine.
          AGREED! I use one as part of my equipment.

Comment

Working...
          X