backup module?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backup module?

how many of you guys have ever had a module die or flake out on you at a gig and wish you'd had a backup?

Haven’t, but wouldn’t gig professionally without a backup in plan.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I gigged with TD-10 module for at least 15 years no back up no problem [thank goodness for Roland quality.]

Comment

always carry a cajon and tambourine in case

Comment

Never had a module die. If I'm gigging outside the country I'll have a spare anyway. Had Alesis pads and TrapKat pads die, but easy enough to work around those issues.
          *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
          Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

Yep, I've had this raised by bands I've played in who have no experience of e-drums and were nervous about live failure.

FWIW my experience is like most here - never had a failure live of TD-20, TD-30 or TD-50 (and I kept the old models as backups )

Once at a rehearsal when I had been doing a huge amount of sound editing the previous day on a TD-30 the module went a bit strange at the rehearsal so I did Factory Reset then reloaded everything from the memory card backup and all was perfect thereafter - only took a few minutes to do that.

Oh, and once I sat on my TD-20 years ago when setting up at a gig and bent some of the pots - still worked perfectly though

Whatever you think of Roland they build solid gear.
            TD-50 upgrade kit, Jobeky Prestige Custom shells, Paiste signature cymbals, DW Hardware, Allen & Heath mixer, pair Lewitt LCT 140 overhead mics, Fohhn Xperience III PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor, Porter & Davies BC Gigster drum throne monitor

Comment

Rick Allen triggers and mics a real kick and snare "just in case".situation allowing ,that's probably the best meat and potatoes solution.

Comment

Terrible time to bring this up. I have a gig tomorrow night

I have a TD20 that I bought used and have spent a LOT of time tweaking the sounds and building kits (25 kits for 50 songs)

I have a TD10 that I could use in an emergency but I have no kits built.

Comment

Working...
                X