Processing gear for playing live

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing gear for playing live

I have an ATV aD5 with an aDrum kit and I'm using a Turbosound iNSPIRE iP2000 for my monitor and PA when we're playing at smaller venues where we have to provide our own sound equipment. I get a pretty good sound from this setup but it seems to be lacking presence. The aD5 doesn't have any effect processing EQ compression etc. Any recommendations for a processor that I could run the aD5 through?

I've heard of ppl using a BBE Sonic Maximizer... google it.
    Roland TD50KV, MIMIC Pro

Comment

If your module isn't providing the presence you desire, then I would also recommend the maximizer, and simply some external processing. There are plenty of simple EQ/Compressors (multi-effects) processors on the market that can be used for this.

If your module sounds how you like, I always suggest to bands they highly consider investing in and using something like a dbx DriveRack PA. It does wonders for EQing a room and allowing your intended sound to be heard... not to mention, it offers feedback suppression as well.
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

+1 on Alan's recommendation. Does you band use a soundboard? Better sound boards have simple things like chorus and reverb and such.
        My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
        E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
        A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
        A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Working...
        X