Changing Drum sounds with app

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Drum sounds with app

I am thinking of buying a Roland TD 30. Anyone have any experience using an iPad app to change the drum kit sounds via midi? For keyboards, I use an app called setlist maker to change my sounds. Itís great in a live setting to minimize down town. Thx!

why use .... ipad for TD-30 ? TD-30 have footswitch control, you can change drumkit using footswitch

Comment

Should be able to use the same app. It's just a MIDI programme change message.
      *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
      Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

I use Setlist Maker (actually the newer version called BandHelper, but equivalent for this) to switch kits via Midi program changes automatically from my iPad. It is super easy to set up in Setlist Maker. Just need the iPad USB camera connector cable and a USB midi cable. Nice to not have to think about switching drum kits on the module while performing.

Comment

Working...
        X