vh-13 mistriggering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vh-13 mistriggering

I have a question . I have been using my td 30 to gig out and I think my vh-13 hh is mis triggering.with either vibration from monitors or certain frequncy from monitors.. Not sure why this is happening but it was pretty bad with my show last night. Did anyone else ever experience this. Not sure what to do. Or if there are settings i can set it up on when I play out as opposed to practice. The vh-13 are less than a year old. Any input you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated as always this website is awesome.. Thanks Donny
    TD-20, TD-8, PD-105 X3, PD-125 X 1 , KD-125, MDS-20, CY-12 C/R, PD-6 X4, VH-12, PCY-135, PCY-155...AXIS BASS DRUM PEDAL...COBRA HH STAND...............Vex'd Out To The Max Drummers Dream

To be honest, I have problems with my VH-13 on the bow side, but really ONLY on the bow side, the edge triggers always good. I never used my VH-13 with a Roland Module, I use it with a MIMIC Pro and sometimes it does not trigger the bow hits. I am actually not so very happy with this expensive piece of Drum hardware.
    What is your exact problem? What kind of mistriggering do you have?

Comment

Thx for the response ..It triggers as if I am hitting it. But i am not hitting either edge or bow. It seemed like when there was a low frequency it triggered it. I have some pretty big shows coming up so i might have to go back to my acoustic hats if I can't resolve the issue. This is my second set if vh-13's I cant keep spending the $700 for new ones..
      TD-20, TD-8, PD-105 X3, PD-125 X 1 , KD-125, MDS-20, CY-12 C/R, PD-6 X4, VH-12, PCY-135, PCY-155...AXIS BASS DRUM PEDAL...COBRA HH STAND...............Vex'd Out To The Max Drummers Dream

Comment

Sounds like it has to do with too much stage noise. Have you tried isolating the hi-hat stand with some type of dampening material under the legs to absorb some of the vibration?
        Modules:Roland TD-50 VEX'ed, Mac Pro running SD3,SD2 & Ez Drummer2
        Triggers:PD140DS Mapex Meridian Maple/Yamaha Custom Birch Conversion
        Cymbals: VH-13mg, CY-5, CY-8, CY-12R, 2 CY-13R, CY-14 and CY18DR

Comment

No but sounds like I should try that? Thx

Comment

Originally posted by spitfirejoe View Post
            To be honest, I have problems with my VH-13 on the bow side, but really ONLY on the bow side, the edge triggers always good. I never used my VH-13 with a Roland Module, I use it with a MIMIC Pro and sometimes it does not trigger the bow hits. I am actually not so very happy with this expensive piece of Drum hardware.
            What is your exact problem? What kind of mistriggering do you have?
            this is not normal, check your threshold reduce it to 10 or 5, and be sure you done the crosstalk procedure for hihat at the end.

input gain around 10, capture top velocity on bow piezo, threshold, and at the end crosstalk procedure for hihat,

Ps: Each time to change setting or move hardware, cross talk procedure should be done for the edited triggers slots.
            Last edited by Chris K; 03-12-18, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks Chris I will do that and check again.

@ChriK thanks once more for the help, I setup the VH-13 HiHat completely new in the MIMIC with the tips you shared and now my bow triggers much better, so it was my own stupidity
              Last edited by spitfirejoe; 03-12-18, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spitfirejoe View Post
                Thanks Chris I will do that and check again.

@ChriK thanks once more for the help, I setup the VH-13 HiHat completely new in the MIMIC with the tips you shared and now my bow triggers much better, so it was my own stupidity
                Just saved you 500$ atv hihat lol, I did the same thing with someone had issue with his vh12, he was about to buy atv hihat, I only told him about the same as you, added to capture close and open pedal and set close\open sensitivity to 5 or 10 lol.
                Last edited by Chris K; 03-12-18, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Sorry for being off topic a bit!
                  haha yes Chris, well it is still a learning curve.....I can not understand why I dialed in my HiHat so stupidly bad. I adjusted also all other pads of the kit. I am still tweaking sometimes. But the MIMIC got really a lot better since the last update, the dynamics and playability is soooo great now, I love it even more.
                  No I am not investing the money in the ATV HiHat now, I try their other cymbals, first the ride, most important one which needs improvement.

Comment

Working...
                  X