is feedback an issue for e-drums

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is feedback an issue for e-drums

so I have basically a small pa behind me. sub simmonsda200s and two 8 inch powered speakers on stands. I have a vocal mic but I do not send the vocals thru the edrum pa. so I dont think feedback should be an issue but i'm asking anyway. since in a band. when there is feedback. it's always someone elses fault lol

For the drums themselves; if there are no mics, there will be no feedback.

If you're not monitoring your vocals, then the same should apply.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The sound of the drums coming through the speakers are getting picked up by my vocal mic though doesn’t create feedback What does create a strange delay effect because I can hear the PA out front and my own monitoring system

Comment

This is why many prefer IEM/Headphones.
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by promark747 View Post
          The sound of the drums coming through the speakers are getting picked up by my vocal mic though doesn’t create feedback What does create a strange delay effect because I can hear the PA out front and my own monitoring system
          What mic is it? You could try a Shure beta 58 or anything with a hypercardiod pattern.

Comment

It’s sennhauser 835

Comment

That's a very cheap dynamic cardioid. The dynamic part helps (very little in live environments), but the cardioid is part of the problem.

I agree with Peter. Look into a better hyper cardioid mic.
              Alan

Comment

I do a lot of live sound and the Audix Om5 and Om7 are even more directional than the Beta 58. You need to sing very close to those mics but they pick up A LOT less spill. I combine Indian instruments with acoustic kit live and I have to bring hypercardioid mics to make it work.

Comment

You’ll want to delay your mains to the equal timing of arrival as your drum monitors and then delay the mics accordingly as well or you’ll get delay/phasing issues. About 1ms/ft is a good place to start. And depending on the module you’ll find most e-drums have a “harshness” at about 5-8k that can create some feedback in vocal mics.

Comment

Working...
                  X