No announcement yet.

Best monitor for me and the band

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, had our first gig with the new bass player. he came to the gig in a miata. brought a small single cone cabinet. about the same size as my behringer 12 inch sub. and same 500 watts. it was heaven. the ip300 top with the behringer sub was perfect. ah...

Comment

Great result!

Comment

I love my in-ear monitors, personally, but also love our EV 15" wedges we use for rehearsal. They put out a great deal of volume and have a nice, full range. They're a little pricey but powered.

I switched to IEMs a long time ago and haven't looked back. The biggest drawback to using them is actually "feeling" the sound like you would with a traditional sub. That being said, it is safer on your ears (unless you monitor too loud) and requires less of a footprint on stage, which is nice.
        Last edited by seanmichaels; 01-29-19, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Wow this is an old thread, but since it's bubbled up I will add:
          If you can match the FOH with your monitor, your drums will sound better and more uniform. QSC FOH use a k10 or 12 for your monitor. Obviously not inexpensive, but they make a great drum monitor as other have noted. Or JBL or whatever brand you use, but make them sonically match.

Also, obvious, but keep your stage volume down, the more your audience is hearing FOH rather than stage volume the better. It's one of the great advantages of edrums especially in smaller venues.

My lessons learned

Comment

Originally posted by seanmichaels View Post
            I love my in-ear monitors, personally, but also love our EV 15" wedges we use for rehearsal. They put out a great deal of volume and have a nice, full range. They're a little pricey but powered.

I switched to IEMs a long time ago and haven't looked back. The biggest drawback to using them is actually "feeling" the sound like you would with a traditional sub. That being said, it is safer on your ears (unless you monitor too loud) and requires less of a footprint on stage, which is nice.
            you could always put a sub next to your chair too ;-) a little 12 inch behringer like I have. if I 'm not setting the top on the sub, I can put it next to me and feel the breeze on my pant leg :-)

Comment

Working...
            X