Best monitor for me and the band

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Six View Post
    Things may have just become interesting. No spec on watts anywhere.
    is there ever?

Comment

We gig with this audio setup, 150 average venue.

Mains: 2 K-12's on poles, 2 -RGB15 subwoofers, 2 JBL Eon 615's for the floor, 1-DS200s drum monitor (drummers monitor only), 2- Bose L1 columns (columns only mounted on a Crown 1500, on poles out of the RBG's). and an X32 digital mixer. The drums go in L/R, since I like the options on the TD-30. Maximum flexibility and reserve power when you get a big venue.

All outputs go on a mix buss matrix then can be individually EQ'd for what they are, but letting you adjust the volume of the entire PA (matrix) with one fader.
      Once you get a room the way you want it to sound, you can save the entire board and as long as you maintain the matrix model of the output, it is a one-button setup next time you play there. Simplicity, albeit expensive, but your time is just as valuable.
      Last edited by charlyv; 01-26-18, 04:59 PM.

Comment

i bought one. I used it last week with a behringer 12inch sub. It was very nice. I may have finally found something I can stick with

Comment

And whatever the specs are I donít care. Itís plenty loud and sounds great

Comment

The spec that matters is there:
            Maximum SPL 103 dB
            It must have very little power. Most good quality 2 way speakers are around 130 db now. It may work for you but it will not be very loud.

Comment

I use it behind me as a monitor itís loud enough for that . I go thru the band pa also

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post

The spec that matters is there:
                Maximum SPL 103 dB
                It must have very little power. Most good quality 2 way speakers are around 130 db now. It may work for you but it will not be very loud.
                Promark, you bought an IP3000? What are you comparing it to for thump, mids and highs? Peter, are you sure about only the max SPL? SW has the spec at 130db.

Comment

Promark, you bought an IP3000? What are you comparing it to for thump, mids and highs? Peter, are you sure about only the max SPL? SW has the spec at 130db.
                  Bose has it at 103db: https://pro.bose.com/en_us/products/...ro_system.html

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNealy View Post

Let me know how you do with that K12.2.... I have Turbosound iQ12 speakers and a IQ15B sub and they are monsters but heavy to lug around. Same quest as you, if I can get away without a sub for just monitoring purposes and the 12" can handle it I'm all for it.

Also, how did you like the IP1000 both in power capability and sonic quality? Those have 2x8" subs and 8x2.75 tops... At 122 max SPL rating it doesn't seem like it'd be loud enough.
                    Trip, it's been a long time coming but I finally demoed the K12.2's and KW sub. I LIKE IT! I tried it with and without the sub. While there is a nice punch from the K12.2s by themselves, when I added the sub it was just richness. Now I want them to get a K12.2 for a floor monitor

I'll be interested in Promark's more detailed commentary on the IP3000 " Peter saw your reply, thanks".
                    Last edited by Six; 03-18-18, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I have the K12.2 and ksub. It is amazing and sounds more like my Genelec studio monitors than any other PA. Yamaha pushes more midrange and JBL pushes more upper mids. I have set them all up side by side.

Comment

I have the K12.2 and ksub. It is amazing and sounds more like my Genelec studio monitors than any other PA. Yamaha pushes more midrange and JBL pushes more upper mids. I have set them all up side by side.
                        Do you bring the K12 and sub to gigs? That video of you in the Rifatt sultana band.... how was that recorded? straight off the board or video camera?
                        Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
                        Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

Originally posted by Roving Drummer View Post

Do you bring the K12 and sub to gigs? That video of you in the Rifatt sultana band.... how was that recorded? straight off the board or video camera?
                          I recorded the Riffat Sultana gig on my QSC board. The K12 and sub is sort of FOH and monitor for my small gigs like that. I add a Yamaha DXR10 beside me.

Comment

I have the new S1 pro using it with a 300 watt behringer sub. it's a nice sound but the sub isn't strong enough . with more powerful low end it would be good. I'm still experimenting lol

Comment

Peter, are you using 1 or 2 K's w/ your sub?

Do you, or any for that matter, have any insight on the new QSC sub KS112? Specs have 2000W!
                              When I compare that to the larger 18" (1000W), I have to wonder is it possible to rival the output of the big boys with such a smaller box.

Comment

Peter, are you using 1 or 2 K's w/ your sub?

Do you, or any for that matter, have any insight on the new QSC sub KS112? Specs have 2000W!
                                When I compare that to the larger 18" (1000W), I have to wonder is it possible to rival the output of the big boys with such a smaller box.
                                I use 2 K12.2's,but most of the time it is FOH on small gigs. I still use acoustics for a lot of gigs too. Unfortunately QSC has gotten cheesy with their power ratings. The 2000 w is peak power and the continuous power is 1000W. I called and asked them. That is why the max SPL is the most useful spec. The KS112 is 128DB and the Ksub is 130DB. I think the KS112 will be very loud for a single 12,but 2 DB more can still equal 20% louder.

Comment

Working...
                                X