Live Gigging Tips: Band Power Needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kenster View Post

Easy, put him in charge of the PA. Tell him if he wants to sing and sound good then he's in charge of that. PLUS, since he has NO GEAR to haul, that's HIS contribution to the BAND. Frickin prima donnas!!!!
    I deal with third world singers so they barely know what a PA is. They won't even carry a mic. I gave up a long time ago, although he suddenly helped carry my hardware on our Hawaiian tour last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post

I deal with third world singers so they barely know what a PA is. They won't even carry a mic. I gave up a long time ago, although he suddenly helped carry my hardware on our Hawaiian tour last week.
      Third world or not they KNOW what work is and need to deal with it lol! He can be shown how to plug a Neutrik connector into a cabinet or run a cable or two.
      My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
      E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
      A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
      A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Nice Ken....

Comment

Originally posted by latzanimal View Post
          Nice Ken....
          I try lol.

Comment

What a fantastic thread - thanks for all that detailed info on how to do things properly

We turned up to do a wedding at a very posh hotel recently - band, lights, DJ, all the usual ... and yep, one power outlet to take everything - at the end of a long extension lead - no surprise there was earth hum (50Hz in the UK) present.

Some years ago I had to get my Fohhn PA amp recalibrated back in Germany - due to our 'noisy British electricity supply' - the protective circuitry was preventing the amp starting at some venues.
            TD-50 upgrade kit, BFD3 on MacBook Pro, Focusrite 2Pre interface, SPD-sx, SPD-30, Roland KD 140, PD-BC 128/108 pads, Paiste signature cymbals, DW Hardware, Allen & Heath mixer, Fohhn Xperience III PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor, Porter & Davies BC Gigster drum throne monitor

Comment

AH yes the old earth hum culprit! I use a couple of HumX adapters when it gets bad.

K

Comment

Pardon my ignorance (I'm only a drummer after all ) but what is a HumX adapter - pretty obvious what it does, but I've not come across these.

Thanks.
                TD-50 upgrade kit, BFD3 on MacBook Pro, Focusrite 2Pre interface, SPD-sx, SPD-30, Roland KD 140, PD-BC 128/108 pads, Paiste signature cymbals, DW Hardware, Allen & Heath mixer, Fohhn Xperience III PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor, Porter & Davies BC Gigster drum throne monitor

Comment

Originally posted by willsud View Post
                  Pardon my ignorance (I'm only a drummer after all ) but what is a HumX adapter - pretty obvious what it does, but I've not come across these.

Thanks.
                  Eliminates ground buzz without removing the ground. I use direct boxes that have ground lifts on them, not sure if the HumX is more effective as I've never used one. Ken?
                  TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads - three rack toms, one floor, one kick with dual pedal, snare, three aux pads, three Gen16 crashes, one Gen16 Ride and Gen16 hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and The JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, http://bwajda12.wix.com/jamco

Comment

Many thanks - my drum PA has a ground lift switch on the active sub but I've never used it - I'll mention these gadgets to the rest of my bands as it's a regular problem playing in pubs and clubs.

cheers,

Comment

Working...
                    X