Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live Rackless Setup Description/ Wiring/ Snare Drum Pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Rackless Setup Description/ Wiring/ Snare Drum Pics.

Hey Guys!

I was asked to share a few pics of my Rackless setup- so here they are! When designing my setup, I like compact, light, and simple. I've got this setup down and ready to go in 12 minutes! The Key Pieces Include:
    Hardware:
    • Single Braced - One Straight, One Boom Stand (with DW Dogbone Mount off of Boom Arm) & Module holder located on the bottom.
    • Both Have Gibraltar Single 'L' Arm Tom Mounts for 1 up, 1 down.
    • 9000 Hi-Hat & Single Braced Snare Stand.
    Wiring:
    • Reverse custom wired snake to allow for module on the right side. (Module also provides more weight to the bottom of the Boom!).
    • Snare drum features two cables, One for signal output- the other for the momentary switches located on the side of the snare drum to control my module between songs.

Snare Drum Setup:

Momentary Switches:

http://www.nmcustomdrums.com

Roland TD-30KV | Roland Studio Capture Interface | NMCD Acous'tric Hybrid Conversion Kit | JH Audio In-Ear Monitors Artist | Promark Artist

Superb sir, superb!

K ;-)
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Originally posted by Kenster View Post
      Superb sir, superb!

K ;-)
      Thank you kindly!!

Roland TD-30KV | Roland Studio Capture Interface | NMCD Acous'tric Hybrid Conversion Kit | JH Audio In-Ear Monitors Artist | Promark Artist

Comment

I like the look a lot. Who makes the Snare Drum and heads you're using? And can you explain more about what you do with those momentary switches. So the module just lays on the floor?

Comment

Originally posted by VeeDrummer View Post
          I like the look a lot. Who makes the Snare Drum and heads you're using? And can you explain more about what you do with those momentary switches. So the module just lays on the floor?
          Thanks!! All of my Acoust'ric Drums are made by myself. I owned an Acoustic company for 6 years before concentrating strictly on V-Drums. So I have the sickness that I'm always thinking for a new design and I'll go into my shop and make it! haha. The snare drum heads I'm using are stock Roland Mesh tops and Pearl bottoms.

The Module is attached to the base of the floor tom mounted cymbal boom. Gives it a bit more weight and stability (and me one less stand!). The Momentary switches on the side allow for me to not use my BOSS FS-5U pedal to switch between patches. I simply reach down and either press up or down. I switch between 5-6 kits in a show for various songs, and depending on the song, I just simply push it accordingly and glance over to see if I'm on the right one. It's a low profile way of have no pedals, and with the extra line of a cable to snare drum, I've killed two things.

Comment

Nathan
            Very cool. I'd like to see more pictures including your cables. I am also still enjoying the custom bass drum head you made for me.
            Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Love the switches, Nathan. Wouldn't mind adding those to my snare.

Comment

Good looking stuff. Can you share pictures of how your transport it? I'm a city drummer that has to sell the acoustics and I hate racks. Wondering what bags/cases you use. I suspect you have a car and such. I'm looking for ways to carry an ekit in one go on public transportation.

Thanks,
                Matt

Comment

Originally posted by jimorlando View Post
                  Nathan
                  Very cool. I'd like to see more pictures including your cables. I am also still enjoying the custom bass drum head you made for me.
                  Thanks Jim! I shall do just that.. I will be back in the studio tomorrow, so I'll try to grab some if I remember! Happy you're enjoy the plate still. Thanks again- hope all is well!

Comment

Originally posted by Tazed View Post
                    Love the switches, Nathan. Wouldn't mind adding those to my snare.
                    It's too clean and very easy to control my module

Comment

Originally posted by matt2will View Post
                      Good looking stuff. Can you share pictures of how your transport it? I'm a city drummer that has to sell the acoustics and I hate racks. Wondering what bags/cases you use. I suspect you have a car and such. I'm looking for ways to carry an ekit in one go on public transportation.

Thanks,
                      Matt
                      Hey Matt! Thanks for your question.
                      I have a very simple transportation method. Everything fits in 4 things...

Snare Drum: 7 x 12" Protection Case.
                      Toms/ Cymbals: 16 x 16" Protection Case. Each piece is separated by a plastic divider and the Cymbals are concealed in individual Cymbags.
                      Hardware, Bass Pedal, Wiring Harnesses, Throne: SKB Trap X1 Case.
                      Module: Metal Tool Case

I can carry this all to my car in one load. I have a protection Racket Carry Strap that my two drum cases go on, the Module case goes onto the handle of the SKB case by a carabiner hook, and the SKB rolls. Super easy to manage, and easy fits in half of my VW Golf trunk!

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

Comment

do you have link for the 16x16 and 7x12 protection cases? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by matt2will View Post
                            Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
                            My pleasure!

Comment

Originally posted by tivi View Post
                              do you have link for the 16x16 and 7x12 protection cases? thanks.
                              Heres the snare case, Tom/ Cymbal case, Cymbag's (for each cymbal)

Comment

Working...
                              X