Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digidesign's Pro Tools meets Sonic Foundry's Acid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digidesign's Pro Tools meets Sonic Foundry's Acid

Well, beng the DJ that I am, makin da fizzat bizzeats dat i do, I'v ealways been a long time fan of Sonic Foundry's Acid program. And no, I wasn't one of those guys who used only the supplied loops, I always made my own loops and samples. I just loved the simplicity of pulling of a waveform, pre-cut in Sound Forge, and laying it onto the grid and watching everything line up just right.

But now that I've moved out of that phase and I've moved up with the big boys to Pro Tools, I miss the fun of Acid. The program, that is -- no pun intended. As I was browsing on al my files on my PC, I found the program, re-opened it, and started having fun with it. Oh, the memories...

So here's my schpeele. Is there any way to import drum loops into Pro Tools and have them line up to a grid and be in sync with each other? NOW let me say this to bypass any confusion. I know how to import audio to Pro Tools, I understand that very well! But if you've ever used Acid, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

So pablo, I ask, can it be done?
    Last edited by Algee; 12-07-02, 02:45 PM.
    The best damn kid in the record industry. Maybe.

Nice screen shot. What does it sound like?
    There are only three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't!

Chad

Comment

Um, anyone else?

Comment

uh come on guys! substance, people, substance!

Comment

Oh come on damn it! what is so funny about my post? its a simple question! no, its not that stupid! come on guys!

Comment

Ok, if you won't let us hear it, could you post and .avi of you actually using the program? No audio please! I'm not into all that "sound" stuff everyone talks about. Strictly video.

I mean, REAL action shots here! If we could see you actually importing a loop, that would be...swell. Wait no, panning. Left, then right...yeah! Of course, seeing your curser move up to the "save as"...asking too much now, aren't I?

Ok, I will settle for multiple shots that I can just put into a snazzy slide show

It's all in fun.

Chad
            There are only three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't!

Chad

Comment

Wait hold on.

I think you guys missed my question. you missed my point. take a look at what i wrote again. i was simply asking if it were possible to import audio and have it snap to a grid as like it does in Acid, which I'm surprised no one's everr heard of, cause its the biggest loop-sequencing piece of software to ever hit the market.

and you're not into sound stuff?! then why are you in the '"studio" forum? dont take that personally, just asking.

thats all my post was about. its not that hard to imagine. perhaps you could check out http://www.sonicfoundry.com/products...ct.asp?PID=704

and heres one of the world's best wave editors ever, which i was protools would incorperate some how into their software. http://www.sonicfoundry.com/products...ct.asp?PID=668

Comment

Come on guys. A little participation?

Comment

i must say, this is the first time ive ever gotten such a poor response from this forum. I'm going to go cry now.

Comment

Studio

Comment

Working...
                    X