Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recording recommendations in terms of drum pitches...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recording recommendations in terms of drum pitches...

Hey there,

I just got my td6, and I'm really happy with the sound quality, but I have a question for the more experienced module users I suppose. Are there any recommendations that you guys/gals may have in terms of drum pitch recommendations or decay recommendations, especially in terms of recording? I'll be using this in the studio pretty soon and would appreciate any info you can give me on this. The stuff I'll be working on is pretty much alternative pop/rock..sort of a cross between Hootie and Seal. I'm using the "room1" bass patch and a piccolo snare sound. Should I stick with the default pitch settings? Are these typically heard on the radio or should I have specific pitches?

I'm digging the bass drum having a little extra decay, as it just sounds more natural than the clippy patch as it is in default.

Anyways, thanks again, I need a little help on getting a solid set sound out of this.

It's all subjective. I think you just have to go with what sounds good to you. The default kits are a good place to start. I know I tweak the kits in mine all the time, depending on the rooms we play in (still haven't done any recording with it, but that's coming). It just depends on what you are looking for, and what you are trying to say when you play. Just take some time to try out various settings and make notes of what you really like so you can go back to them. Welcome to the board and the V-Club Club!

Comment

Working...
    X