Quick Demo....jammin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Demo....jammin

Heya peeps.....Just thought I'd post up a quick jam i recorded in my home studio last night. There's no vocals on the track and it's very raw, but let me know what you think..

P.S...Please excuse my drumming, I'm really a guitar player that likes to mess around on the V's. The kit being used is a VEX kit tweaked a little.....

Jess.
    http://www.garageband.com/artist/jessabert

pp.s The track is labled as "Jammin".........

Not bad at all!

How long have you been playing (the drums I mean)?

Simple, yet you seemed to have a good groove. GJ.

Comment

Originally posted by sopranos View Post
      Not bad at all!

How long have you been playing (the drums I mean)?

Simple, yet you seemed to have a good groove. GJ.
      Thanks.... Been playing drums now for a couple of years. Always wanted to learn but i was always gigging as a guitar player and never had the time to really sit down and practice. So a few years back i put together a little home studio and got me a Sonor Akit and tried to sit down at the kit everyday. Then a few months ago i got my TD12 (which has made practising much more viable) and I'm just plodding away at it and having a ton of fun in the process...

Comment

I like that...sounds really good to me. Simple and to the point. I was just about to start a little project like this myself. I'm curious as to how you go about recording something like this. Not specifics like software and settings and such, but getting it recorded. Ordinarily when I work with others, I get a rough recording down, and replace the individual tracks as we go. My question would be, do you record the guitar to a click track then add the drums later, or do you get the drums down, and know where you are in the song from memory? I was gonna lay down a rough guitar track to a click, then get a drum track down, and rerecord the guitar track with all the bells and whistles.

Sounds like we have similar situations...guitar for twenty five years, always wanted to play drums...got into e drums about two years ago. It's amazing the quality of sound you can get these days out of a home studio recording. It's a long way from my Tascam cassette 4-Track and bouncing tracks to get in more than 4. Your recording sounds really good. Any info would be appreciated...thanks.
        My Kit's Evolution Pics...

Comment

Originally posted by LarsYouPutz View Post
          I like that...sounds really good to me. Simple and to the point. I was just about to start a little project like this myself. I'm curious as to how you go about recording something like this. Not specifics like software and settings and such, but getting it recorded. Ordinarily when I work with others, I get a rough recording down, and replace the individual tracks as we go. My question would be, do you record the guitar to a click track then add the drums later, or do you get the drums down, and know where you are in the song from memory? I was gonna lay down a rough guitar track to a click, then get a drum track down, and rerecord the guitar track with all the bells and whistles.

Sounds like we have similar situations...guitar for twenty five years, always wanted to play drums...got into e drums about two years ago. It's amazing the quality of sound you can get these days out of a home studio recording. It's a long way from my Tascam cassette 4-Track and bouncing tracks to get in more than 4. Your recording sounds really good. Any info would be appreciated...thanks.
          Hey man, thank you for the compliments.
          Yeah i layed the drums down first to a click and as i sort of had an idea how i wanted the song to go, i sort of just hummed melodies in my head while playing the kit. I still left a lot open to experiment with but the basics where there, you know , intro, verse, chorus, middle 8, etc. Then i put down a bass line then noodled on the guitar, that's why the ending sort of sounds like it's not quite together cause i really didn't know where i wanted it to end.... I'm using a Tascam 2488M11 24 track DAW which I'm still learning how to use, although as far as digital workstations go this unit is quite easy to get your head around. Through the years I've had several different recording configs but like yourself i started out on a Tascam 244 PORTASTUDIO and then went to an 8 track then to mini disk then to the Yamaha AW stuff, then i sort of lost interest and time and pretty much just worked in cover bands for years, then the opportunity came along to buy the rig i have now so the timing was right and i went for it. Still work live 3-4 nights a week, sometimes on guitar other times on the kit.
          You can record any way you want to, whatever works for you. Sometimes i will put down either a guitar or bass line first then add drums, it's really about whatever is twirling my beanie at the time if you know what I mean....
          Jess.

Yep...Gas to burn baby.
          Last edited by Jessabert; 01-15-09, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X