Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pimenta
    replied
    whenever I want direct recording I use my Boss Br1600CD - it has some "decent" pre amps. I did not get similar results recording through my Delta 1010 ... it does not provide a pre-amp .. it seemed the audio lacked some "punch" .

SO here at home .. I have the direct outs from my TD20 to the boss br1600CD ....and through the computer I use only softwares like bfd2/s2.

This was recorded though the boss (was posted already on the forum under the tdw20 thread):

http://www.4shared.com/file/78878095...ified=648bf1d4

with 8 inputs you can:

snare
    kick
    HI-hat
    Ride
    2 inputs for crashes (I use the same for ambience/fx)
    2 inputs for toms

If I was shopping for a stand-by unit right now .. the Korg D3200 .. with its 12 inputs... fx sends... would definitively have a place .

Pim

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Hi rebeat,

A cheap DAW option if you have a reasonable PC is:
    - Delta 1010/LT card will cost you about $250 AUD and will give you 8 analog audio I/O, 1 MIDI I/O and 1 SPDI/F
    - Reaper will cost you $50 for the licence (free download)

There are different reasons for recording either via the line ins, MIDI or SPDI/F..... but the above setup allows you to record any or all of these options simultaneously.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Veillet View Post
    I got a TDW20 plugged in a presonus firewirestudio project 10 in and 10 out ,here how I record all in audio with ableton live 6

my setup is like that
    track 1 ,bass drum from tdw20 output 1
    track 2 ,snare from tdw20 output 2
    track 3 ,hi hat from tdw20 output 3
    track 4 ,ride from tdw20 output 4
    track 5 stereo ,tom from tdw20 output 5/6
    track 6 stereo ,cymbal from tdw20 output 7/8
    track 7 stereo ,ambiance from tdw20 main output
    Hey Patrick-- My setup is very similar to yours. I run eight outputs into a Presonus Firepod. Where you drew my interest is with track seven. I am using five and six for toms and seven and eight for crashes. Please tell me, a not so smart and techy guy, how you send the ambience....I think I maight benefit more from that route.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• stickinthemud
    replied
    Not direct to computer, but you can buy a used Yamaha AW16g with 16 tracks, capable of recording 8 tracks simultaneously, on eBay for less than $300. Makes me sick. I paid $600 for mine a couple of years ago!

The interface is not as slick or versatile as a computer-based DAW, but it's ready-to-go, without latency issues and many of the other problems that often come with using a computer as a DAW. Fairly easy to learn, too.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Veillet
    replied
    I got a TDW20 plugged in a presonus firewirestudio project 10 in and 10 out ,here how I record all in audio with ableton live 6

my setup is like that
    track 1 ,bass drum from tdw20 output 1
    track 2 ,snare from tdw20 output 2
    track 3 ,hi hat from tdw20 output 3
    track 4 ,ride from tdw20 output 4
    track 5 stereo ,tom from tdw20 output 5/6
    track 6 stereo ,cymbal from tdw20 output 7/8
    track 7 stereo ,ambiance from tdw20 main output

Leave a comment:

• _JaY_
    replied
    8 track line output would have to be in audio not midi. Midi is a digital format and would record note values from a keyboard or drum brain but would need a sound module or something to recreate the sound.
    If your 8 track has 8 outputs you need an audio interface for your PC with 8 inputs like the delta 1010.
    You could record from a stereo output of the 8 track to the PC but you then you would have no more seperate control of the channels it would just be 8 tracks recorded down to 2 or 1 if mono, therefore no editing or eqing just the vocal for example. The mix is the way it comes out of the 8 track. So to have 8 editable channels this way youd have to record one channel at a time to seperate channels in cubase for example with is a very long winded and time consuming approach.
    sorry for lengthy post

Leave a comment:

• rebeat
    started a topic recording td20 to computer (8-track)

recording td20 to computer (8-track)

Hi,

what is the recommended method to record to a PC? via midi or using the direct audio/line audios? and what would be the cheapest method to get the 8-track line output to the pc? id love an 8track protools unit but way too much.

cheers!
    Last edited by rebeat; 01-09-09, 12:27 AM.
Working...
X