Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live Cymbols with Superior drums?Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Cymbols with Superior drums?Help!

I am wondering if anyone uses real cymbals with there VST plug in drums such as Superior or BFD?

I am having a terrible time trying to get my cymbals up and running especially the Hi hats. I am using the Superior line up S2.0,C&V. some sounds from the ez drummer line also.I also have BFD 1.5 but, it's worse.

I ordered a vh-12 in hopes to get a better response but, I'm affraid to try it yet. If no improvement then I don't want to waist the cash ($495.00)!

I'd rather invest in cymbals if that works. Any thought's in which will work best? if i could get the hihats working right I'd be satisfied with them.

Thanks!

Trevor
    Last edited by trevort; 12-10-08, 04:39 PM.

Do you have the tdw20? The p-hats on 14" with a vh12 are the best electronic hats I have tried. Check with grandaddy about setting the superior hats. I blend a bit of the bfd hats with the Roland sounds.
    I find that it sounds good using the tdw20 cymbal sounds,but if you have great mics,you could get a real hi hat and ride to use. The Paiste signature dry ride and dark crisp hi hats are very smooth for recording. I am hoping someone will put them in BFD someday.

Comment

Trevor, what module are you using? What do you think is wrong with your current setup? Oh, and btw cymbal has an 'A' in it!

Comment

Originally posted by ige87 View Post
        Trevor, what module are you using? What do you think is wrong with your current setup? Oh, and btw cymbal has an 'A' in it!
        I am using the TDW-20 with a mix of pads. I can't get the cymbals right in the

Superior S2.0. The C&V was just okay.They never have been right. I ordered the Vh-12. Do you think this will help with the hats?
        I like the idea of using that but,I can't get them set right.

I just don't know if i should throw in the hat?

I fixed the A in cymbol, "opp's I did it again!"!

Trevor

Comment

Originally posted by Peter W View Post
          Do you have the tdw20? The p-hats on 14" with a vh12 are the best electronic hats I have tried. Check with grandaddy about setting the superior hats. I blend a bit of the bfd hats with the Roland sounds.
          I find that it sounds good using the tdw20 cymbal sounds,but if you have great mics,you could get a real hi hat and ride to use. The Paiste signature dry ride and dark crisp hi hats are very smooth for recording. I am hoping someone will put them in BFD someday.
          Yes.
          I ordered it it's here now but, I'm afraid to try them if it doesn't work.(Vh-12)
          I'm mainly concerned using them with The Superior drums performance wise.
          Will it make any difference?

I just sold my acoustic kit that had th Paiste dry crisp hats, they are great.
          I hope I didn't make a mistake going electric?
          Who's grandaddy?

Thanks!
          Trevor

Comment

Have you tried the tdw20 p-hats? I am not sure if the vh12 will help with Superior,but it will make a big difference when using the Roland sounds.

Grandaddy is on this forum as well as Toontrack,and knows how to set the Superior hi hats. I will try to find the link. I a m having good luck with the hi hats in BFD2. I am looking forward to trying the new Jim Scott sounds when they are available. They may become the best electronic hi hats.
            Peter

Comment

I just posted examples of the TDW20,BFD2 and Superior 2 hi hats with the same midi track in the VST section.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter W View Post
                I just posted examples of the TDW20,BFD2 and Superior 2 hi hats with the same midi track in the VST section.
                Thanks for that Pete! If nothing else I could use the TDW-20 hats

with Superior.

I'll try that and see how it works. maybe I could blend them with a little

of the room sounds of the Superior. How do you choke a cymbal in Superior?

Any posts on this?

Trevor
                Last edited by trevort; 12-11-08, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X