Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDW20,BFD2 and Sukhawat Ali Khan song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDW20,BFD2 and Sukhawat Ali Khan song

This is a short bit of a multitracked rehearsal I did with Sukhawet Ali Khan. He is a great 10th generation Qawwali singer. We do very modern versions of this music.
    I was just learning the song at the time of the recording,so my parts are much better now. I used the tdw20 sounds and bfd2 mixed together. I am looking for a giant drum and bass sound that jumps out of the speakers,and I find it hard to do with the tdw20 or bfd2/S2 on their own. I may have overdone the 50-50hz area,but I want it to have a bottom end like a hip hop record.

We will be re-recording this week,so I should have some much better material.
    I am open to any suggestions anyone has for achieving this sound I am after.

Peter

bissmallah short dec5 08.wav

Originally posted by Peter W View Post
    This is a short bit of a multitracked rehearsal I did with Sukhawet Ali Khan. He is a great 10th generation Qawwali singer. We do very modern versions of this music.
    I was just learning the song at the time of the recording,so my parts are much better now. I used the tdw20 sounds and bfd2 mixed together. I am looking for a giant drum and bass sound that jumps out of the speakers,and I find it hard to do with the tdw20 or bfd2/S2 on their own. I may have overdone the 50-50hz area,but I want it to have a bottom end like a hip hop record.

We will be re-recording this week,so I should have some much better material.
    I am open to any suggestions anyone has for achieving this sound I am after.

Peter

bissmallah short dec5 08.wav

Sounds good for this track.

If I had any consructive critisism it would be that it could use some huminizing. It sounds a bit quantized to me.
    I could be wrong though. It sounds good as is.

TT
    Last edited by trevort; 12-06-08, 11:20 AM.

Comment

That just made my day! The track is played completely live at a rehearsal. I actually thought my drumming wasn't tight enough,so that is great if I sound like a machine. I like to play very steady and solid because there are normally very busy percussion parts on top of the drum part.
      I have found that at live gigs,the more I play like a machine,the more the people dance. I think this is because people like an even reference point for movement. I spent years studying traditonal djembe with drummers from the National Ballet of Guinea,and the accompaniment parts are also very machine like and sometimes do not change for 30+ minutes. This eventually has a trance-like effect on people. Of course the lead parts are constantly changing.

Peter

Comment

Working...
      X