Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mac Audio MIDI Setup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Audio MIDI Setup question

(First poster)... I'm Hooking up my Roland TD-20 MIDI cables to my Mac via either a MOTU micro lite or M-Audio FastTrack Pro. Both the MOTU and M-Audio devices are USB.

Both cases, when I run the "Audio MIDI Setup" utility which comes with OSX I get the MIDI interface to show up, but the Roland TD20 does not show up. I thought it was going to appear as a device auto-magically, but it doesn't. I attached a snapshot of the Audio MIDI setup utility window.

If I click the Test Setup button and click on the Midi output on channel 1, the drum machine plays and likewise when I hit my drums, the Mac will play some beeps so I'm pretty sure things are wired correctly. "Rescan MIDI" does nothing. I tried both USB ports on my MacBook Pro as I've read both ports are not equal.

Do I need to install a Roland MIDI device driver so the Mac sees the TD20?

Do I need to manually add the TD20 by hitting the "Add Device" button?
    Attached Files

Welcome!

It's normal that the MIDI interface should appear, but not the Roland TD-20. What actual problem do you have?

Bruce
    Last edited by BarT; 11-01-08, 05:34 PM. Reason: (forgot the welcome as usual)

Comment

Thanks Bruce. Sounds like I'm ready to sequence. Was hoping there was an auto detection mechanism for the drum machine. Just starting to learn Mac sequencers.

Comment

Working...
      X