Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recording vdrums to pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recording vdrums to pc

Ok, so I want to record patterns from my TD12 to my computer, as in audio instead of MIDI. How would I go about this, which cable would I need and where should I put it etc? and is it possible?
    I've heard about using the headphone socket for the cable... but how would you guys do it?

thankyou

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Ok, so I want to record patterns from my TD12 to my computer, as in audio instead of MIDI. How would I go about this, which cable would I need and where should I put it etc? and is it possible?
    I've heard about using the headphone socket for the cable... but how would you guys do it?

thankyou

i recommend u use the search engine cause this has been discussed very often here.I can tell u how i record with a td6.i just connect the headphones input to the audio in of the pc or mac using a simple jack and use a software like audacity to record.Very simple great sound.If you want to listen while playing along use a stereo splitter in the headphones input for the jack and your headphones

Then when u listen to what u have recorded press delete on the keyboard like i usually do...joking

Good luck
    Ex E-kits:
    ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
    ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
    current E-kit
    ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
    " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

You can certainly plug the TD12 straight to the mic input, but the quality will be questionable. The best way here is to get a sound card. I have a Delta 1010 LT, and it works very well

Next you'll need a recording software. Try Audacity - it's free. Those are the starters...

Hampis is right, there's a ton of info in the forum...

Comment

You can certainly plug the TD12 straight to the mic input, but the quality will be questionable.
        Don't use the mic socket... use the Line In. Waaay better sound
        On YouTube: Playing Drum'n'Bass live with TD12 and SPD-S: Gig in Budapest
        With TD20-KX on SoundCloud
        Now sporting a TD30KV kit....
        "Trust Me, I'm a Professional"

Comment

Working...
        X