Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend me a usb/Firewire mixer/interface?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a usb/Firewire mixer/interface?!

Hey guys and gals.

Can anyone recommend me a usb or firewire mixer or interface?

I want something with midi. I want something that would not give me problems with latency either.

I am currently looking at the M-Audio 410 firewire interface, any good?

Thanks peeps.

Dee

How many inputs do you need? How many preamps(mic jacks)? What software are you planning on using?

M-Audio makes decent stuff, but the 410 only has two inputs. Most of us drummers could use more inputs and less outputs.

I use a MOTU 828MkII with Cubase and as happy as a clam, but it is much more expensive than the 410. Do you have a price range you want to stay in?

If you only need 2-4 inputs, a USB interface would be plenty fast enough also.

I you are dreaming about ProTools, you have to get one of the DigiDesign interfaces. (or one of the special M-Audio ones) Those products come with ProTools LE, which is very powerful and fully compatible with ProTools HD.
    sigpic

Comment

Ah thanks.

I don't need anything too special, 2 inputs is plenty i think, I only want a stereo mix from the TD12. Want to record guitars, bass, vocals etc as a mono channel and record them separately.

I will be recording to N-Track studio, audacity and cubase LE. I will mix down within these programs too.

I only want something to record straight into my laptop with minimal latency!

Thanks again

Comment

Cheapest and easiest option is to go audio line in out to audio line in - all you need is a M-M balanced 3.5mm cable.

A small analog mixer should only cost a couple of hundred if you want more control.

I agree with Michael about M-Audio kit - they had a "pricing parity" deal going recently where the $s were the same all over the world - I got some really good deals in Australia which matched the U.S. price - you are up towards 1K for ProTools with an 8-in A/D convertor plus an analog mixer then.....ooo and then you can get a.......case of gas

Comment

presonus firebox has what you need at around $299 for the unit

Comment

Working...
          X