Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cubase LE Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubase LE Help

Just starting out with recording. I have a presonus firebox interface and cubase le. Here's my question...

How do I get monitoring sound to come out of both the left and right monitors? At this point if I plug in a mic, add a track, set to monitor, I only hear sound out of the left speaker. I can add like a ping pong delay and then i get sound from both so i know it's there. I just can't figure out in Cubase LE how to set that up.

Anyone have any ideas??

How do I get monitoring sound to come out of both the left and right monitors? At this point if I plug in a mic, add a track, set to monitor, I only hear sound out of the left speaker.
    Create a Mono track for recording, not a stereo one.... the human voice doesnt' come in stereo...yet!
    On YouTube: Playing Drum'n'Bass live with TD12 and SPD-S: Gig in Budapest
    With TD20-KX on SoundCloud
    Now sporting a TD30KV kit....
    "Trust Me, I'm a Professional"

Comment

Originally posted by sox View Post
      the human voice doesnt' come in stereo...yet!
      Oh yeah, what about mongolian throat singers who can harmonize wth themselves!
      sigpic

Comment

it's the same way for running a guitar, bass, drums, etc through it. mono for all??? hmmmm

Comment

Yeah, you record to a mono track, but then pan it in stero for the final mix.
          sigpic

Comment

ahhhhh. ok! thanks for the help.

Comment

didn't work...i set up a mono track in cubase...got no sound at all from either speaker.

Comment

didn't work...i set up a mono track in cubase...got no sound at all from either speaker.
                Make sure you select the correct input from the Inspector column (or the Mixer)...
                When you choose a Mono track, you have to select either the L or R input

Oh yeah, what about mongolian throat singers who can harmonize wth themselves!
                lol....c'mon Michael...You know even harmonies can be in Mono...

Comment

Originally posted by sox View Post
                  lol....c'mon Michael...You know even harmonies can be in Mono...
                  Yeah, but if there is two of them, it is quad in stereo!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                    Yeah, but if there is two of them, it is quad in stereo!
                    Maybe...

If you add a male voice, does that make it 5.1 surround then???
                    lol....

Comment

Working...
                    X