Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got my studio set up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my studio set up...

At long last I have my home studio set up and ready to roll. Last piece was picking up a Presonus Firebox Interface. Set up so far is like this:

G4 Mac (actually given to me from a good friend completely loaded with stuff)
    Presonus Firebox
    td-6sxt Drums (with added cymbal)
    Spd-s
    Korg Electribe MKII
    Yamaha MM6
    2 electric guitars
    1 bass guitar
    2 cheap mics (to be replaced soon)
    Cubase LE (for a start)
    Headphones (no monitors yet, but not a show stopper)
    Still want some vocal effects component, that's probably next

Should be a FUN weekend!!

Good on ya Jon,

How about some pics? Lots of fun in store for you

Comment

I expect to hear some tracks by Monday. Get crackin'.
      sigpic

Comment

Busy weekend, but got the interface all set up last night...took like 10 minutes! ha!

I noticed today the monitors i've been looking at dropped $100...think i'll go get them tonight.

Anyone else out there using a firebox for recording their vdrums with cubase?

Comment

Don't forget, your monitors and your room are quite possibly the 2 most important pieces in your recording chain. Get the best monitors you can swing. Nice rig ya got there! Pics?

Comment

It's Tuesday and we still don't have any recordings! Have you been slacking?

I use a MOTU 828 and Cubase. Does that count?

What monitors are you getting?
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah yeah yeah. I just finally got some time to actually figure out how to record something into cubase. Just gotta figure out the rest, like how to save it off to wav and such. I may forgo the monitors for now. I'd rather listen to the mix through straight 2.1 puter speakers or my audio streamer hooked up to my stereo or just my headphoness, as I think that will give me the best 'view' of really what the mix will sound in normal situations.

I can't get the track sound in cubase to play through the puter speakers now anyway. I know there is some setting on the mac or somewhere I need to set for line in or something volume. I'm sure I'll get there. Just been a really busy week as some family popped into town as a surprise, so I haven't had a ton of time to spend in there. Plus, I doubt my first song would be 'appropriate' for this forum! LOL

Comment

and i will take some pics soon, probably thursday when i am working from home.

Comment

man...i think the GAS has finally left my system...for now at least. picked up some krk rokit 5 gen 2 monitors today along with a digitech vocal 300. ran a guitar though the digitech as was actually very happy with the result. it has more than i need for effects on the strings as well as some interesting voice options. been lacking on the pics...i know, but will do something soon.

Comment

How are things going with the set-up?? Any pics yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                      I expect to hear some tracks by Monday. Get crackin'.
                      Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                      It's Tuesday and we still don't have any recordings! Have you been slacking?
                      LOL That caught me off guard. Mike, you owe me a new keyboard - minus the coffee.
                      Alan
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by amonline View Post
                        LOL That caught me off guard. Mike, you owe me a new keyboard - minus the coffee.
                        Come on over and pick one up. Do you want wired or wireless?
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X