Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

See what you guys think [TD-6/Protools Songs]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See what you guys think [TD-6/Protools Songs]

Hello Everyone
    I am a long time reader on your forum but first time poster. I have been recording with my TD-6 and wanted to see what you guys thought of the mix and the sound I am getting out of the drums. I am using a pro tools rig for recording with a few plug ins on the individual drum tracks. I am recording midi, anywho here is the link. Any feed back is appreciated on sound and adjustments. Be gentle guys.
    Thanks
    BTW... There are a few curse words in the lyrics so if you are offended easily you might not want to listen.

There are four songs on the playlist one after the other

4 songs on playlist. WMP

Lucifer Complex

Individual Songs
    Surface Tension
    Meggido
    Glimmer
    Wicked
    Last edited by nucjd; 05-28-08, 03:05 PM.

hey nucjd, thought the drumming was right on. Good stuff! The vocals however?!? not really my thing. But the drumming I thought was very good.

Comment

Link doesn't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
        Link doesn't work for me.

Sorry. It is set up for windows media. It wont pull up on my mac either. Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by nucjd View Post
          Sorry. It is set up for windows media. It wont pull up on my mac either. Working on it.
          Probably more of a browser issue. I'm using Firefox. I might try copying the url and pasting into my Media Player Classic. That will play practically anything including a Monte Carlo biscuit!

Comment

MPC wouldn't play it either but XMPlay plays it fine.
            I think you've done a great job on the drumming and the mix suits the songs well.
            I love the drums on Meggido1. Nice and full. Great mix.
            If I can be a little critical, the mix on Glimmer1 is a little thin IMHO. Slightly brittle in the upper mids but I am being critical here.

What Protools system are you running? I'm using 002r on XP with 7.3.1 and love it. I also run midi from my TD12 and it is rock solid.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
              MPC wouldn't play it either but XMPlay plays it fine.
              I think you've done a great job on the drumming and the mix suits the songs well.
              I love the drums on Meggido1. Nice and full. Great mix.
              If I can be a little critical, the mix on Glimmer1 is a little thin IMHO. Slightly brittle in the upper mids but I am being critical here.

What Protools system are you running? I'm using 002r on XP with 7.3.1 and love it. I also run midi from my TD12 and it is rock solid.
              Hello
              Appreciate the critique. It is always welcome and needed. I listen so much that I sometimes will over tweek. I am using an 002 rack and running on an XP platform. It is pretty stable, but if all of the track are on it and if there is a ton of RTAS on the tracks I can hear it cranking like a coffee grinder. I'll record in midi and split the kit up on individual tracks to edit. My play back is a set of RKR st6 studio monitors. Again thanks for the info on the songs. I think what you are hearing on "Glimmer" is smoothed out on " Surface tension" (3rd song I think).

Comment

New links

New links up for individual songs for those on mac or not using WMP. Check original post

Comment

Seems mixed well, I love the music too.....the vocals are good IMO. Nice job!

Comment

Lead vox is a bit hot (from what I can tell on these small computer speakers). Drums are good!

Comment

Working...
                    X