Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with the tombs on this song (Using BFD and TD-12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with the tombs on this song (Using BFD and TD-12)

Hei guys, I'm using BFD 1.5 with the Deluxe pack in combination with my Roland TD-12. I'm really happy with the sound of BFD Deluxe (it doesn't clutter the songs and it is easy to mix) but I can't get the tombs to sound good. Right now they sound more like I'm hitting empty plastic one gallon milk containers than tombs.

I'm not sure how to use compression and equing on them but I'm sure I could fix it with your advice. I will post samples of what I'm getting according to your recommendations.

This is a sample of what I'm getting now:

http://www.atilanoart.com/dreamsound...pwithtombs.mp3

Disclaimer: I just started this song last night and I'm still composing it, right now I want to hear what it would sound like recorded and put it on the microscope so then I can make some changes and redo the vocals, bass, guitars and drums. However, I can't move forward until I fix them tombs! I'm fine with the way tombs sound at the very end, its during the song that bothers me. Thanks.
    Last edited by dreamsound; 05-10-08, 10:11 PM.

Not to be picky, but it is "toms" not tombs.

Sounds like you need to start with some tom samples that are a little more resonant to begin with. Maybe cut some mids so they don't sound boxy.

I don't mix drums that much so take it with a grain of salt.
    J
    Edrums- KD-120, PD-125 (3), PD-105 (3), Yamaha PCY155, PCY-135 (4)
    Module - Roland TD20X
    Software - Pro Tools and Toontrack Superior

Comment

Working...
    X